June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

15 Nov 2022 21:12 #42948 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
:)
If you get that scary voice early in the game then it's worth doing that quest cos there's some useful loot at the end of it. :aha:
Unfortunately by the time I got around to it I already had something better. :shrug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2022 23:22 #42949 by Valence
"Get up, Cal Kestis! You are not dead yet."

Well, you say that, but...
As much as I love your voice (and I DO love that voice) and as much as I appreciate the sentiment and intervention, I think you'll find that if you look at my health bar there seems to be barely two pixels left so, in reality, and considering the speed and skill of this double red lightsaber chap, although you may be technically correct I think perhaps, maybe, I AM dead in the practical sense. :confident:
So if you don't mind, if it's not too much trouble, can you just intervene just a few seconds quicker next time? :thumbup:
That would be ever so splendid. :aha:

16 Nov 2022 07:30 #42950 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:giggle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Nov 2022 17:36 #42951 by Charlotte
Well, I just died three times in a row to the same stupid "sparky" bandit :stare:
I think that might my limit for one day.

16 Nov 2022 17:47 #42952 by Valence
"Sparky" bandit? :hmm:

16 Nov 2022 18:26 #42953 by Charlotte
They used spark attacks, that seemed way more powerful than my fire attack...

16 Nov 2022 19:32 #42954 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 more powerful than fire!

16 Nov 2022 19:51 #42955 by Charlotte
Maybe their aim was simply better. It seems to me that whichever mouse button I'm pressing, nothing much happens and I just kind of barge into the enemies and then stumble beyond, trying to turn to face them again, while they all gang up on me and kill me :dry:

But I decided to not try again after realising that 1) A potion of resist Magic might be useful and 2) I did not have such a potion. (I can't remember ever seeing a Resist sparkles potions...)

Instead, I picked up som iron ore, looted the bandit I had left behind me and went outside to pick up the loot from the previous three bandits, which I had stuffed in a chest. Then, when I left, I saw what looked like a horse fighting bandits on its own, in the distance :? So I snuck closer and by the time I reached it, it had killed two bandits. I assume the peddler lying in the grass was killed by the bandits rather than the horse. Anyway, looting everyone made me over encumbered but the horse could still carry me! :woohoo:

Better still, the horse didn't turn to go back where I found it if I had to get off... so it took me back to the gates of Whiterun at least. Not sure if it'll still be out there next time I go outside... I still have to steal it to use it, and I parked it right next to a guard, so... even if it IS still there, I guess I'll have to manage without :dumb:

16 Nov 2022 20:28 #42956 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Horses are psychotic murderers 

16 Nov 2022 20:49 #42957 by Valence
Just been playing a bit of Mad Max and I had one of those annoying quests that you can only do at night. But thankfully the sun was already low in the sky so I decided to drive around and do a couple of the repetitive scavenging missions until it got dark...

Still driving around...

STILL driving around...

STILL DRIVING AROUND! :pout:

Obviously the sun was low because it was sunrise rather than sunset and I've just spent an entire in-game day waiting for night-time. :facepalm:

Why can't they still have clocks after the apocalypse? :dunno: