July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

05 Nov 2022 23:08 #42844 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Not Hornwall Horn? :hmm:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2022 23:20 #42845 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The horn just makes them fall from the sky, so you still need to hit them after I think I used the horn a handful of times.

06 Nov 2022 08:27 #42847 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
So Ciri slow blinks? I guess she's a cat person, then :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Nov 2022 12:37 #42848 by Valence
Funny you should say that cos Geralt is now wearing his newly crafted Cat School armour. :confident:

It doesn't have ears though. :nope:

06 Nov 2022 12:40 #42849 by Charlotte
It only needs eyes for the slow blinking. :aha:

06 Nov 2022 13:40 #42850 by Charlotte
I decided to try to improve my weapons and armour for once, and especially since most things I encounter seem to ill me way too easily unless I happen to be accidentally stuck on a cliff somewhere which is impossible for the enemies to get to.

Well, some of my items were enchanted so I couldn't do anything about those. And I figured I should improve my crafting skills, too. But all I can make are things that seem useless now - they were good like 15 levels ago. :dry: I googled for a crafting guide, basically hoping to understand the tech tree a bit better. What would be best o craft to quickly improve skills and get new options? But the guide I found basically requires to be followed from your character's day one, and is hellbent on maximising everything to the point where I don't see the fun in playing the game.

I've never quite understood people who just play games to "maximise profit" as if that profit/gained skill/treasure/whatever is something they can later use in real life. I prefer learning through exploring... :dry:

Oh well. Guess I'll make me some nails for that house I can't build yet and then stuff all the ores and ingots back into my barrel because I can't get the house because I can't do the quest because.... :(

(I'm starting to feel tempted to start over again... One of my major flaws when it comes to gaming...)

06 Nov 2022 14:48 #42851 by Valence
Yes, I've never understood those people who try to maximise things with exploits. It just doesn't seem ... fun. :shrug:
I don't think I've ever crafted weapons from scratch, I have improved a couple of things, including my one handed axe after recently "finding" an ebony ingot.
I have done a bit of enchanting though, and that is a good way to make a bit of cash in the game, so I've got into the habit of hoarding soul gems, especially grand ones, and making sure to fill them with my magic stabby dagger.
Like most things in Skyrim the best way to improve skills is to just commit to using them and supplement that with training, but it does require a bit of patience to wait to unlock the perks.

06 Nov 2022 15:44 #42852 by Charlotte
I've been rather scroogy with training :dry:

and I have come across yet another quick death. :eyeroll:

06 Nov 2022 17:09 #42853 by Charlotte
Tried Mr Quick-Death again, somewhat better prepared, but while my death was rather slow and agonizing instead, I still died. I feel like there's no way to "move on", as I can't get better gear than what I have - at least not without defeating all the baddies that are lining up, but I can't defeat them without better gear.

It's frustrating :stare:

I do have several scrolls and some spells that sound promising but whenever I try to use them pretty much nothing happens or it just takes too long and I'm dead before the casting is finished. :dry:

Maybe I should do something else. Like dinner.

06 Nov 2022 17:35 #42854 by Valence
:hmm:
Are you fighting...
Warning: Spoiler!