July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

14 Nov 2022 08:23 #42913 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Does changing clothes help you not get recognised by the guards? :?

I'm still very bad at stealing. I planned on a nightly raid in Riverwood before leaving for Whiterun, and before there'd be guards sent there, but I just didn't have the heart to steal from all those nice people. (OK and I fear getting caught while lock-picking or sneaking about when people sleep. Plus you never know if they DO sleep... :shakefist: ) I did take all the coins I could find from the jarl, though. :whistle:

I had a dream last night where I was sneaking around trying to avoid being spotted by lego-like, blue, AT-ATs looming over the tree tops... At one point I was hiding behind someone else who was hiding under a bright pink crocheted blanket. Apparently that was as good as a bush, from an AT-AT viewpoint. Managing to get to a car and then hiding inside, worked too... Other than that, I don't really remember much. Something about "a string of actions" being a solution to something or other... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2022 12:25 #42914 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Does changing clothes help you not get recognised by the guards? :?

Not really, they're not that gullible but they do often acknowledge your outfit with their random comments.
There is (no spoilers) one specific quest later that can be done in different ways depending on your choice of outfit but you have to be a certain race to get away with it. And I wasnt. :dry:
Changing clothes plays a much bigger role in the Fallout games, I think the technical term for it is "Social Stealth", and in New Vegas characters will either attack or accept you depending on your outfit, even if you've met them before. It can be quite frustrating when you're returning to one of your allies after a quest and you forget to change.
Stop shooting! It's me! :shakefist:

And stay away from those AT-ATs :stare:

14 Nov 2022 12:32 #42915 by Charlotte
I WAS staying away from them! :stare: The WHOLE NIGHT. (Well, it felt like I dreamed about those things most of the night, but then my cats woke me up at 5 am so I guess one could argue it wasn't ALL night...)

14 Nov 2022 14:06 #42917 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I had a dream last night where I was sneaking around trying to avoid being spotted by lego-like, blue, AT-ATs looming over the tree tops... At one point I was hiding behind someone else who was hiding under a bright pink crocheted blanket. Apparently that was as good as a bush, from an AT-AT viewpoint. Managing to get to a car and then hiding inside, worked too... Other than that, I don't really remember much. Something about "a string of actions" being a solution to something or other... :dumb:

14 Nov 2022 14:17 #42918 by Charlotte
:paranoid:
Well, what did YOU dream, then?

14 Nov 2022 14:27 #42920 by Banj

It's been some time since I remembered anything I dreamt. The last one I can recall I was part of a massive group of post apocalyptic survivors camped on a suspension bridge near a large warehouse full of supplies. The warehouse was under the control of another band of well armed survivors. They refused to give us any of the supplies they had, so a group of us went in under cover of darkness, one of out group was shot and killed and I went berzerk with an axe and slaughtered their entire group.   It was all very cinematic and a perfectly reasonable and entirely sane dream for anyone to have. 

There may also have been zombies 

14 Nov 2022 14:34 #42921 by Charlotte
Interestingly, I initially asked what you had dreamt that was "sane and normal". :dry:

That said, it sounds quite impressive as dreams go :)

14 Nov 2022 19:33 #42926 by Valence
Lots of people seem to be getting excited by the announcement of the Witcher 3 Next-Gen patch while I'm here just hoping that it doesn't automatically cripple my framerates and over-fill my hard drive! :unsure:

At least it's gonna stop me from paying for the DLC. :shrug:

14 Nov 2022 21:09 #42927 by Banj

Lots of people seem to be getting excited by the announcement of the Witcher 3 Next-Gen patch while I'm here just hoping that it doesn't automatically cripple my framerates and over-fill my hard drive! :unsure:

At least it's gonna stop me from paying for the DLC. :shrug:

I'm absolutely certain it will be completely flawless just like it always has been 

14 Nov 2022 21:40 - 14 Nov 2022 21:42 #42928 by Valence
I know.
I really know. :lol:

Warning: Spoiler!