July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

15 Nov 2022 07:08 #42929 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D
You make it sound as if Geralt is just a follower when you play :P
Kind of like when you enter a ruin, while being attacked by the resident bandits and Lydia goes "Oh look, is that one of the old ruins over there?"

It also sounds like there's some kind of time glitch going on in that Universe of Geralt's.... :dry:

(and yes, I read spoilers. Almost always. It's not like I'm playing Witcher III anyway. Can't even recall if I installed it, though I'm fairly sure I bought it...and I think I have made these comments before...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2022 12:44 - 15 Nov 2022 12:45 #42930 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'm pretty sure that you did install it but don't remember you actually playing it. :dumb:
But you should, it is a good game, despite all our collective whining about it. It's just slightly frustrating because it's so close to being a much better game.
The main issue with these quests is that they don't script for all the possible outcomes. They want the game to be fully open but, instead of the modular storytelling of those games, large parts of it are still structured as if it's a normal, linear game so if you don't do them in a certain order then you end up with these funny absurdities. :)

15 Nov 2022 12:47 #42931 by Charlotte
Yeah... I never got past the beginning of Witcher II, which I definitely installed... :P

15 Nov 2022 16:28 #42937 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

But you should, it is a good game, despite all our collective whining about it. It's just slightly frustrating because it's so close to being a much better game.

Yep, I remember saying pretty much the same thing. It's a entertaining enough game. All the world building and story telling is very well done, it's just a bit clunky and buggy at times. I am looking forward to this new update giving me those DLCs that I didn't have, and playing through it again. Maybe I'll use something other than... Quen 

15 Nov 2022 18:38 #42940 by Charlotte
Now why is it, left mouse button - right hand attacks, right mouse button - left hand attacks? :? No wonder I can never remember which button to press to attack with a particular hand. :dumb:

15 Nov 2022 19:29 #42941 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Probably because left mouse button is the primary button used for most things, and the characters right hand would be considered his dominant hand in most cases (because left handed people are a myth and don't really exist) used for attacking or using things.

15 Nov 2022 19:34 - 15 Nov 2022 19:42 #42943 by Charlotte
Probably, but it's still confusing :stare:

Edit: I was slowly dragging my highly over envumbered self towards Whiterun when suddenly there was loud music that I'd never heard in game before! :ohmy: I looked around trying to figure out what it signified, when a voice spoke. I almost had a heart attack. It was a news broadcast going live in my browser :facepalm: (Relating to the presumably accidental Russian attack on Nato member Poland... :eek: )

15 Nov 2022 20:27 #42945 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...when a voice spoke. I almost had a heart attack...
​​​​​

"A new hand touches the beacon?"

​​​​​​ :hmm: Hmm, you might not get that joke yet.
Maybe I should put it in a spoiler tag.

Warning: Spoiler!

15 Nov 2022 21:02 #42946 by Charlotte
:dry:
*avoids googling*

15 Nov 2022 21:03 #42947 by Charlotte
oh wait.... I think I do get that! :woohoo:
The golf ball. :aha: Which is in the possession of the character that's stuck in limbo on Solstheim for now... :dry: