April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

24 Jul 2022 22:21 - 24 Jul 2022 22:23 #41502 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Double Blade Lightsaber!! :woohoo:

Finally! Took way too long to find a way into that workshop after returning aaaall the way back to that first planet with my new force push power to cross the bridge that I wasn't allowed to get past the last time I was here. :eyeroll:

And now that I've got this superior weapon I can... continue dying apparently. :dry:
But in a more spinny way. :dead:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2022 19:01 - 26 Jul 2022 19:03 #41517 by Valence
Was on my way to a hopefully quick Witcher contract to pass the time as my current quest requires me to be at a certain place "after dark" and on those travels some old lady started screaming at me from the roadside. I jumped off Roach to investigate.
"Someone's stealing my chickens! Can you help?"
*checks watch*
OK, I think I have time. So you want me do my witcher sense stuff over here? Or over there? Wait, just let me change the active quest so I know what I'm doing and where I'm going. I could have clicked the right stick to do it on the controller when the prompt appeared but I wasn't quick enough so let me just go to the quest list and do it there. What's the shortcut on the keyboard. Q for quest, I think?
*presses Q*
No, it isn't.
Q is Witcher signs and I've now just blasted her farm with Igni and cooked ALL of her remaining chickens. :oops:

Well, I did say  the other day that Geralt needed some chicken sandwiches. :)

26 Jul 2022 19:24 #41518 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's no wonder Witchers are so unpopular 

26 Jul 2022 19:30 #41520 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Jul 2022 20:27 #41523 by Valence
And don't you just love it when you sit down by the campfire and a massive hippo comes by for a hug. :blink:

Also I should point out that this was during the touristy bit and not the actual assassinating game. If the hippo comes by in the real game... Run! :stare:
And in that proper story game I've been making my way through the desert to Alexandria and along the way have just stumbled across another small town with some stuff to do. And I saw a few mirages in the desert. They're wonderfully mystical and eerie and can lead you into trouble sometimes if you follow them. 
Must try and screenshot them next time. :)
Attachments:

27 Jul 2022 14:38 - 27 Jul 2022 14:39 #41526 by Charlotte
I've been at home ill for three days now. It's getting tedious. Tediouser. :dry: 

Anyway, still trying to find a nice planet. This last one wasn't nice at all. 73 degrees C when it wasn't storming even hotter... 
But there were glowy turtles! Unfortunately they can't be tamed :pout: 

There were also caves that actually looked interesting, Most caves in this game are fairly barren and just make you realise how unlikely they are to have formed through natural processes in the first place... 

Attachments:

27 Jul 2022 20:07 - 27 Jul 2022 20:08 #41532 by Valence
Mysterious Elf!! :shakefist:
Lost another Gwent game cos of that.
Went back for a second try and then beat him ...just.
Please not a Scorch card. And he played the scorch card! :cry:
Managed to save the day with a last ditch healer to bring back the high scoring trebuchet to win by one point. Phew.

And did I win the Mysterious Elf?
Nooo. :pout:
Just a Scoia'tael thing that I already have. :(

Oh, and that IS a cool looking cave there, Charlotte. :cheer:
Can you build a base in there?

27 Jul 2022 20:27 #41533 by Charlotte
I probably could have but it's hard to get solar power underground :dumb:

(there are other power sources but I prefer the solar panels for small bases or the uhm... whatevers, for bigger bases. But the latter requires you to find an energy hot spot and I'm willing to bet there wasn't one in the cave....)

27 Jul 2022 22:54 - 27 Jul 2022 23:33 #41534 by Valence
Whatever game you play, whatever world you travel to and whatever story you want to be a part of... there are always, always spiders. :pout:

Leave my head alone you nasty thing.
Maybe I should hide back here and let all the baddies just kill each other. :dry:

Of course with this being Star Wars they're not called spiders they're called Wyyyschoch or something like that because that's the way that Wookiees talk. :aha:
But away from spider-related dying I, or rather my robot friend, has acquired another skill which means I can trail aaaall the way back to previous planets to get to some areas I couldn't reach before. There'd better be something interesting there. :stare:

EDIT: Great! Another 2.5GB update for GTA V (is that gonna take it over 105GB now??) and it's just for the online version that I don't even play. I didn't even launch the game but it started updating in the background and now I can't turn off my PC until it's done. :eyeroll:
Attachments:

28 Jul 2022 06:11 #41535 by Charlotte
I haven't seen any spiders in No Man's Sky.... yet, anyway... (though there are some floaty beetle like thingies with tentacle type legs that sometimes are eight and remind me of spiders)