April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Jul 2022 18:33 #41541 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'll be very glad when I finally get the rope arrow in Rise Of The Tomb Raider. It's a bit of a chore having to take the long way round all the time. But I'm much better at hunting the wolves now. As soon as I hear the "Awoooo" I'm on alert and can take them down with one shot without wasting arrows/bullets in a panicky way. :)

Not quite sure what all that bubbling oil is for but I suspect it's another of those things that'll become clearer much later after I've unlocked another... something. :dunno:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2022 18:44 - 28 Jul 2022 18:54 #41542 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Remember how I said there weren't any spidery thingies in No Man's Sky? Ha ha ha I'm so funny! :stare:

Edit: And another individual of the exact same species... :huh: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

28 Jul 2022 19:03 #41543 by Valence
:eek: :argh:

28 Jul 2022 20:06 #41546 by Valence
Finally found a cat in AC Origins! :woohoo:

It was scaring a few chickens and it came up to me to push around my feet and meow. I bent down to pet it and... it ran away! :pout:

Must be sneakier next time. But I WILL pet one of them. It's my own personal story quest. :lol:

29 Jul 2022 13:05 #41549 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

It was scaring a few chickens 

So you two have a lot in common 

29 Jul 2022 13:20 #41551 by Charlotte
:giggle:

29 Jul 2022 18:39 #41561 by Valence
If you're going to get captured and put in prison make sure it's a prison with a draught. :giggle:

But where's my big coat gone?? :pout:

Lara was cold and shivery before but she'll be even worse now they've took her big coat!
Need to get to a campfire for another outfit change. :aha:
But at least I've got the rope arrow now. :thumbup:
Attachments:

29 Jul 2022 23:03 - 29 Jul 2022 23:04 #41563 by Valence
Yes, Bayek. Right behind the ear. :excited:

Mission Accomplished!

It followed me around a little after that and I thought we'd go and scare some chickens together but our journey along the beach towards those chickens took us a little too close to some guy who had caught loads of fish and then the cat wouldn't leave him alone.
Cats! :shrug:

Attachments:

30 Jul 2022 09:07 #41564 by Charlotte
Egyptian Mau! :woohoo:

30 Jul 2022 20:14 - 30 Jul 2022 23:00 #41574 by Valence
Crisis in Skyrim! :ohmy:

After spending a long time on the roads and in Riften I made the long journey home again as I want to start one of those Main Story quests that I've been putting off for ...oh, about a year now. :oops:
Anyway the plan was to stop off at my two main homes before then talking to An Important Spoiler Person to get the quest going. First of all, before I'd even set off, I found a strange Orc in my house in Riften who started threatening me?!
Get Out! :pirate:
And with that guy dealt with I made the long walk to Whiterun with the plan of leaving Lydia there to continue her babysitting of my child after giving her this short adventurous break. And as I approached the town I suddenly found myself in the shadow of a swooping dragon!
I'll happily encounter them on my travels but when they start encroaching on my kids... THAT'S where I draw the line. :stare:
Thankfully it didn't want to land and me and the gang plus all the local guards scared it off before any damage was done.
So, with Lydia babysitting again it was time to go off to my Lakeview Manor.
And it's so long since I've been back there that I missed the path and got momentarily lost. :dumb:
But soon enough I was back on the right path and I proudly rode home to be greeted by... Bandits?
Bandits raiding my home! :shakefist:
Straight away I saw my Housecarl Rayya chasing one away with her curved swords...

...and at the doorway Brelyna was laying down some magic to kill the other guy...

That's an efficient Steward doing her job. :thumbup:
Unfortunately the chasing guy was a high level Marauder so I had to kill him myself as Rayya was taking a few dangerous hits. But once they were dead I was left to check out the damage.
My cow seemed OK...

..but (and how's this for irony) where's my chicken?
The nest is there but I can't find my chicken. Have they killed it? There was no body so maybe it escaped. I'll try to keep looking for it. :unsure:
Oh, and...
Balbus is dead. :cry:

I thought he was creepy when I first encountered him wandering around the grounds but since then I grew to like seeing him picking his special ingredients. Not sure what to do with his body. I should probably have some kind of ceremony, shouldn't I?
But on the plus side at least I get his fork now.
It's what he would have wanted. :aha:

Attachments: