April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

12 Jul 2022 15:31 #41358 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Judging from pics like this

You CAN tame and fly the dumbopusses but I don't know how. I've tried to feed them and they seem completely uninterested... And I'm getting tired of the yellow sky and no trees planet. :dry: It seemed like a good place and those flocks of dumbos are quite cute, but I finally found a "B level energy hotspot" and it's got like the ugliest view on the entire planet. All other hotspots I've found so far (on any planet) has been C... *sigh*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2022 19:08 #41373 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I left my Blender disaster behind and went off to try and loot some treasures from the Temple Of Amun in Olde Egypt. Found the first two quite easily (even the one "downstairs") stumbled across a sidequest to free five priests (successfully achieved) but where, oh where, is that third treasure? :hmm:

I've sent Senu up in the air to try and spot it but I can't work out where...

And I managed to get us both in the same shot for once as I skulk and hide on that roof away from a rather nasty guy on the ground who has a big spear that keeps killing me. :dry:
It was also quite hard to get a screenshot without being photobombed by the numerous flamingos! :lol:

Anyway... Internet says it (the treasure) is in a bedroom somewhere, so off I go again.
Come on, Senu! :pirate:
Attachments:

13 Jul 2022 19:24 #41374 by Charlotte
Probably the bedroom of that guy with the spear... :dry:

13 Jul 2022 19:51 - 13 Jul 2022 22:22 #41375 by Valence
Found it!
Died some more, but I found it.

And I killed the spear guy too! :evil:
Not in a proper fight though. He was too good for that. Had to be sneaky and drop on him from a great height whilst he was sat resting.
Always look up when you're resting. :aha:

Then did a switcheroo to Tomb Raider and Lara now has a gun! :excited:
And an ally? :paranoid:

EDIT: And the checkpoints in Fallen Order are almost as bad as Control. :shakefist:
I just managed to get to one as my GFN session was counting down and if I hadn't got there I would have lost 40 minutes of frustrated puzzle-solving and creature bashing as it would have sent me right back here to refight these annoyingly tricky goaty things...

Is it really too much to ask for a manual save or even just a Save And Exit option???

And Fallen Order is kind of weird in the way it handles deaths. If you die falling off a ledge it immediately puts you back where you fell and you lose some XP/health stuff. But if you die in fighty combat you get sent back to the last savepoint (which can be miles away!) ALL the baddies respawn AND it takes aaaages to reload.
They should just choose one death option and stick with it. :stare:
Attachments:

14 Jul 2022 14:46 #41382 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Then did a switcheroo to Tomb Raider and Lara now has a gun! :excited:

Ho Ho Ho!

14 Jul 2022 18:00 #41389 by Valence
Do I have to shoot Santa? :unsure:

14 Jul 2022 19:44 #41395 by Valence
Don't look so scared, madam. It's not as if I'm responsible for all the bodies in the road...

Oh, wait a minute. I AM responsible, aren't I? :lol:
It's easy to forget what you were doing a couple of minutes earlier and yes, I was riding down this very street knocking baddies off their horses with my super heavy mace in a satisfying jousting kind of way. :)
Also did a bit of looting while avoiding some nasty people who were so highly levelled above me that it didn't show a number and instead warned me with a big red skull. :dry:
Had to be super sneaky for that one. :aha:

And framerate/performance continues to be a mystery.
I did some special, well-researched tweaking, sacrificing a bit of unecessary clutter to allow some textures in other places and when I went back into the game it was beautiful and super smooth. :cheer:
This continued until I turned a corner and then, without any real change in detail to that area, the framerate plummeted to lower than when it was on higher settings. :dunno:
There seem to be all kinds of bottlenecks to this particular engine. But I'm determined to work it out. :pirate:
Attachments:

14 Jul 2022 20:46 #41398 by Charlotte
Just hit it with the mace. :pirate:

14 Jul 2022 22:00 #41402 by Valence
It's a RAM issue. :pirate:

The game really wants a bit more than 8GB and when it's loaded in enough assets to fill all the available memory that's when the frame rate drops and that's why it drops at random moments when there isn't anything particularly demanding on screen.

15 Jul 2022 07:44 #41403 by Charlotte
So ram it with the mace! :pirate: :dumb: