But can you ride them? :)

Meanwhile in Vampyr...
Wait for it...
Wait for iiiiit.... :excited:

Nope. :nope:

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! :rage:

"I can't believe I'm doing this." *nom nom nom*
"This is despicable." *munch munch*
At least there are some rats at the point where I repeatedly respawn after infinite deaths. On one occasion there were five there for me to eat, which is so rare that I'm beginning to think that the game is feeling sorry for me.

And today was poor. I struggled to even get past...

Warning: Spoiler!

I'm gonna have to retreat to upgrade/level, aren't I? :pout:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2022 17:54 #41317 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I never even thought to check if they could be fed/tamed/ridden... :dumb:

Today I found this, and I did at least think to google whether I could do anything but get a useless message from it. Apparently not (though sometimes the message isn't useless apparently)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

08 Jul 2022 18:50 #41318 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Killed it!
Kiiiilled it! :pirate: :woohoo:

I managed to find a couple of weaker serums in my inventory to help me and after some more failure and deaths I committed to one slow patient battle, now or never, if this goes wrong I have to retreat.
So I kept on running around in that classic Boss Battle Circle, took the serums when required. bash-bash followed by more running, then... I committed to using all my ammo too. :ohmy:
The loooong health bar is slowly going down so run away and shoot some more. Final bullet...

And there's STILL a bit left on the health bar and it's coming after me again. :eek:
Abyss is still cooling down.
Coagulate is still cooling down.
Bloodspear is still cooling down.
All that's left is Shadow Mist.  So hit it!!! Right Bumper. NOW!!!!

And it's dead! :cheer:
And.. Oh, wait-

There's a chapter seven????

Warning: Spoiler!

08 Jul 2022 19:08 #41319 by Charlotte
:D

09 Jul 2022 12:17 - 09 Jul 2022 17:47 #41324 by Charlotte
Today I have come across an astral larvae, and after engaging in futile combat and finally just making a run for it I googled it and.... you should just not engage in combat. It only attacks if you shoot first :blush: Also it can't be killed and there's nothing to be gained from fighting it.

And just now I found a planet named Jimmy. :dry:

Edit: Jimmy was quite nice but had a yellow sky. 

Unfortunately the only other planet that had nice weather, green ground and no sentinels, that I found today also had a yellow sky. I was prepared to drop my standards and finally start building a base, but then I discovered the last of the planet's species - and there's no way I want a base with jumping dicks in my garden. :stare: 

On the plus side I also found a planet with stegoceratops! :woohoo: Well, the uh... orthagonal gender was stegoceratops, and the rational gender was more of a spinoceratops. I took a screenie of the baby. (They were bigger than my spaceship, too, but no I didn't try taming or riding them)

Attachments:

12 Jul 2022 12:05 #41353 by Charlotte
First planet of the day has blue sky, green grass and "blissful" weather. And flying dumbopusses! :excited:

Attachments:

12 Jul 2022 13:31 #41354 by Valence
Ride them! :stare:

12 Jul 2022 14:11 #41355 by Charlotte
Not entirely sure I can... I'll try :P

12 Jul 2022 14:43 - 12 Jul 2022 14:45 #41356 by Valence
We definitely need a screenshot of your space explorer riding.... something! :lol:

I've been having a little clean up of unplayed games to try and get space to install either Fallen Order or AC Origins. In the end I went for the Ancient Egypt thing but after the looong download I started to think I'd picked the wrong one because in terms of performance it's right on the limit of what my PC can handle. I can only get the frame rate to stabilize by dropping the texture settings to Low and although it doesn't affect the distant landscape it does leave the foreground rocks looking a little goofy in a blurred way...

If it wasn't for the long download/install I'd probably switch the games over and just play this one on GFN instead but for the time being I'll see how it goes.:shrug:
Attachments:

12 Jul 2022 14:49 #41357 by Charlotte
I've realised the blue sky was temporary and this planet has an orangey sky (rather like the pic with the dumbos, though I thought at that point that THAT colour was temporary.... )