March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

30 Jun 2022 11:49 #41216 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Witcher DLC can wait. I have bought Jedi Fallen Order. :oops:
And it needs another launcher. Thanks for that. :eyeroll: 

I don't really want to play it just yet though, not until I finished Vampyr anyway, but seeing as its on GeForceNow I couldn't resist a little run through the tutorial. :)

I think I'm about 80% through Vampyr now and the difficulty has spiked again. All those Level 30 Priwen are rather challenging and my weapons are already maxed out and can't be upgraded further. I guess I'll just have to dodge more from now on. :dry:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2022 15:11 #41218 by Valence
Just remembered that I have the first two Monkey Island games on my tablet. :dumb:

Call me Squinky. :giggle:
Attachments:

01 Jul 2022 19:09 - 01 Jul 2022 19:10 #41248 by Valence
The scarcity of ammo in Vampyr is sooo annoying.
I'd managed to save some shillings to buy some from Milton but... he doesn't really have that much anyway and it's mostly slow shotgun stuff and not the nice machine-gun pistol stuff. :dunno:
So then I'm off into another boss battle against...

Warning: Spoiler!

...and then you're faced with the dilemma of whether to risk firing the ammo this time cos if you don't kill him then when you die you don't get that ammo back and it doesn't restock at the merchant after you respawn, so even if it was difficult this time it'll be even harder next time with no ammo at all and... Oh, I'm dead anyway.
So, should I risk the ammo THIS time? Oh, dead again.
Sometimes I was dead in just a couple of seconds, especially those times when I gave up all my minimal amount of blood on an early Ultimate attack only to be greeted with that lovely floating text saying "Resisted!" :rage:

Many deaths occurred again but I did eventually defeat the boss... with my final bullet. :unsure:

Hopefully Milton will restock when I have a sleep. But it's still not enough for me. :pout:

01 Jul 2022 19:49 #41252 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I get the feeling it would be pointless for me to return to Vampyr. If you struggle, I don't stand a chance....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Jul 2022 20:48 #41253 by Valence
It's lovely that you think I'm better than you at this stuff when it's a well known fact that I'm pretty rubbish at video game combat. :lol:
But I am getting towards the end so it's to be expected. I think I could have made it easier for myself by being a naughty vampire and killing more citizens (I've only killed two. The first one died because I thought I was supposed to do it and didn't realise it was a choice and the second one was to stop that (SPOILER) boss from feeding and healing in mid fight) and because I'm trying to be good I seem to be about four or five levels behind all the bosses.
Unless the boss levelling scales, in which case I'm just not very good anyway. :)

But I am enjoying it despite my whining. The main story and characters have been intriguing and I kind of like that eavesdropping bit too.

01 Jul 2022 21:11 #41254 by Charlotte
Well, I'm more rubbish :P

And my vampyr didn't kill any civilians at all so far. If I remember correctly. :dry:

02 Jul 2022 21:36 #41258 by Valence
Who doesn't love having a massive spider jump on them during the night? :dry:

Haven't played Skyrim for a bit since changing my hairstyle but I had a fun session tonight after a Mass Effect game was quickly aborted due to an overleveled mission that I'm not able to complete. :eyeroll:
So I left outer space behind and roamed around The Rift doing some side quests and exploring. And I found one of Those Stones. I don't know why but I just had a strange feeling that "she" would have one so I went a sneaking through her bedroom and it was right there on the table! :excited:
Then I went off to locate someone's stolen axe and had a bit of trouble getting to the location. The normal path took me past a big tower with a load of bandits that I don't want to fight yet so I went cross-country instead but stumbled across one of those foresty glade locations which can be a bit deadly with all their spriggans. But this one had a much more powerful Spriggan Earth Mother! :ohmy:
And loads of weird bears with mossy green colours on them. :S

Of course I only know about them because my sneaking didn't really work and they all killed me. I did try sneaking, I really did, but first time around Lydia got too close to them and did a really loud cough. :stare:
And then then next time I was trying to work out where all the creatures were using the Detect Life shout. I selected it from the menu pressed the button and... did my usual Unrelenting Force Shout instead and my "Fus Ro DAH!" hit one of the bears causing a big fight that I obviously lost.
It was only afterwards that I remembered that Detect Life is a spell and not a shout and so I should have pressed a different button. :oops:

After that I also found a secret drugs den too but I think there's more going on there and perhaps that's a story for another day. :paranoid:
Attachments:

03 Jul 2022 06:11 #41259 by Charlotte
Spider! :argh:

03 Jul 2022 16:45 - 03 Jul 2022 17:37 #41260 by Charlotte
I'm still playing No Man's Sky and still looking for a perfect planet. I kind of wish I hadn't seen those nice beetles on other planets because now I want a perfect planet with beetles on it... :dry:

I'm actually currently on a quite nice planet (Moon, I mean) and I feel like I'm a bit of an idiot for leaving it but I did build a small base so I can find it again. It has greenish grass, lovely weather and very few sentinels. But it also has no "proper trees" and no beetles. Or much of interesting wildlife at all. It has 6 species and three of those are brown-green jumping blobs while one is a "borer" - they just sort of fly through the soil, occasionally appearing above ground but mostly just noticeable as fast moving dust clouds. And they go straight through my base. Their behaviour tends to make me feel stressed. I'd rather have some big bumbling beetles. :aha:

I just hope I can find a planet I really like, eventually. Preferably before I grow too bored with the whole game again... I think I am at about the same point where I always stop playing which means I won't get much further with the quest lines either unless I can settle for a base location somewhere... :unsure:

Edit: Just found a solar system named "Teckning" :woohoo: (It means Drawing in Swedish)
But alas, there were no fun planets there. 

03 Jul 2022 18:35 #41261 by Valence
*Tries and fails to think of a John Lennon joke* :hmm:

Can you not kidnap the nice beetles? :dumb:
Like when I had to transport Adam and Eve dodos to my island in ARK. :)