May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

09 Aug 2021 19:18 #35922 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Like... boat decks? :blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Aug 2021 19:18 #35923 by Charlotte
STEAM BOATS! :woohoo:

09 Aug 2021 19:55 #35924 by Charlotte
Hmm. I remember liking the look of the screenies Atto posted from Valheim, but thought the guy in Banj's screenshot looked a bit clunky. So I looked up the game and more screenshots and I'm not overly impressed with the graphics. But maybe they'll improve before the official release? :dry:

09 Aug 2021 21:00 - 09 Aug 2021 21:01 #35925 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's an intentional pixel graphic style for all the texturing*. Some of the gameplay is a little clunky, and I'm not a fan of the interface right now. There's also some things that don't quite make sense to me at the moment, but that might become clear once I work them out.

EDIT - * it's also an incredibly small download, I've seen mobile games that have larger files sizes than this.

09 Aug 2021 22:57 #35930 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
When I looked at getting it it was only 1GB! :ohmy:
That made me want get it more. :lol:
But even thought the textures are retro those lighting effects are still far too modern for my framerates. ;)

Enjoy yourself with all that chopping/building/surviving, Banj. :aha:

10 Aug 2021 20:13 #35938 by Valence
I always love it when Geralt has to wear his fancy pants. :giggle:

So, I turn up for the special evening in my splendid outfit and she complains that I haven't got all dressed up for her! :facepalm:
Do you think I wear this kind of thing all the time, Triss?! I paid money for this stuff! :shakefist:

Well if you're gonna be like that then I may as well leave you alone to glitch through the furniture like you did yesterday. :stare:
Attachments:

10 Aug 2021 21:14 #35940 by Charlotte
You tell that nasty lady, Geralt!

10 Aug 2021 21:37 #35943 by Valence
I told her! :stare:

But I don't think she heard me through my birdie mask. :oops:

11 Aug 2021 13:36 - 11 Aug 2021 13:37 #35945 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I am Bjorn Bjornson (with only one s and one son because the name field was too small for my intended name). In my quest to find greater wood and mightier stones I ventured too far into dangerous lands after the sun had fallen below the horizon. In the completely dark darkness I encountered... things, greater in size and number than any I had encountered before. Mistakes were made, and I met a grizzly end. Then I awoke, miles from my home. Loki had played a foul trick on me, for when I had moved my bed upstairs, I forgot to reclaim it as my own.

Thus I was spawned naked and alone with only thoughts of vengeance to keep me company. I wandered (mostly ran as fast as possible) miles until I reached my empty home where I armed myself with one of many primitive stone axes I keep by (because I hadn't found the repair option at that time and crafted more each time one broke), and set forth to reclaim my belongings which were many miles along the coast. With that I travelled a more direct path and encountered things I had never before seen. Bigger things than before. I decided to use caution and use the lessons learned from the God Solid Snake, as I stealthed my way past.

Well, long story short, I reclaimed my rightful property and made my way back home with my carrot seeds intact. Odin be praised. One day Loki, I shall work out how to plant my carrot seeds, then vengeance will be mine. 

Attachments:

11 Aug 2021 15:12 #35949 by Charlotte
What was your intended name? Björnson Björnsonson? :dry:

:eek: Carrots! Poor Loki! How he shall suffer....