May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

06 Jul 2021 22:49 #35661 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, maybe you have imaginary cat hairs in it...
Anyway, you did say blowing on it helped.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jul 2021 23:10 #35662 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Anyway, you did say blowing on it helped.... :dry:

I read it, I said it, but as yet I have no empirical evidence of this. :confident:

*continues blowing*

07 Jul 2021 21:47 #35664 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
Maybe it's the device itself that, um... blows? :S - Could simply be a defective device, and I'm sure it's return would go over better now than later? Just a thought...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Jul 2021 21:48 #35665 by Charlotte
Good point....

07 Jul 2021 22:22 #35666 by Valence
One of the problems with cheap electronics from the Internet is that it usually costs less to buy another one than pay the shipping fees to send it back from whence it came on the other side of the world. :lol:

But blowing in the right spot did indeed help a bit (time will tell how much of a solution that is) plus I found those settings in Steam that let you alter the sensitivity of the Dead Zone. :dead:

07 Jul 2021 22:24 #35667 by Charlotte
I guess I shouldn't say anything - that mouse I bought was really crappy and I just bought another one instead of complaining :P

08 Jul 2021 00:31 #35668 by Valence
Yay, I managed to get past those tricky baddies again to get to the weird Janitor fellow again...

And I did so with enough time left to push on to the next Control Point! :excited:

Save, dammit. Save!
Phew. :)
I'm not quite sure what happened immediately after this but there was a whole lot of dying on my part. :dry:
All due to a different kind of baddie that does a different kind of thing. But I eventually managed to kill them and get to another save point! The gap between the previous ones was just too large for my liking but this felt more comfortable so I'm safe again for the moment.

And all that was successfully done without any drifty, spinny camera. You see? Blowing. :confident:

And even though it's an aimy-shooty game I do prefer it on the gamepad because unlike other games like this there are three separate types of attack. The shooty, the melee and the telekinetic launchy thing and when you add in the necessary dodge button too then that's just too many fingers on the keyboard during a frantic fight. You could say that Control has too many controls. :giggle:
Attachments:

09 Jul 2021 21:38 #35704 by Valence
Just spent far too long (FAR! TOO! LONG!) trying to solve a little storybook puzzle in Tell Me Why.
Is it the Frog first and then the Pelican? Or the Bear?
:dunno:
I seem to have read through that "little" 70-page children's story a hundred times trying to work it out.
Yes, I know I can just force the door open but... that feels like giving in. :S
Maybe I'll try this combination and-
It opens! :excited:

Admittedly I did get it right accidently but who cares. The Crafty Goblins are going inside!

09 Jul 2021 21:47 #35706 by Charlotte
:dry:

10 Jul 2021 20:38 - 10 Jul 2021 20:41 #35712 by Valence
Previously on Skyrim...
I have the Grimsever sword from that Dwemer place but am I going back to Riften to give it back to Mjoll?
Am I?

:nope:

Well, I am eventually but not just yet. Might as well explore a bit while I'm up north. :)
Thought I might make my way to Winterhold and maybe try to get into the Mages' College.

Anyway after wandering around for a while and rechecking my map it seems like I'm gonna have to make this climb up yonder way...

I thought there'd be a simpler path to one of the major holds but no. That's the way. At least there's an inn right behind me. May as well pause for a drink and a gossip before moving on...

Hmm, the local drunks told some tall tale about a local writer that might be something to investigate at another time Not now though. I do want to travel to see the Mages' College. So off we go...

Wow! This path is getting ever steeper. AND! My compass thing is implying that there may be some kind of dragon's lair up there where that flag thing is. I'll try and go round another way.
And sure enough I sneaked through this narrow pathway further up to the left and heard the scary music. :ohmy:
Dragon flew past overhead (too quick to screenshot) swooped down in the distance, picked some poor fool up off the ground and dropped them from a great height. :argh:
I hid until it went away. :oops:
Made my way down that other side and found some more ruins and an excavation site with some explorers. :excited:
And they were all dead and burned. I think that is gonna be a nasty dragon. :dry:
Also strolled past this strange woman who seemed to have a collection of skeletons...

I didn't ask. Just avoided eye contact as if it was completely normal and carried on walking. :lol:
(Oh, that reminds me. She's actually a Vigilant of Stendarr and I did pass by the Hall Of The Vigilants at the start of this journey and it was a burned wreck with strange bodies of death hounds or something. It wasn't like that the last time I was there. What's going on? :dunno:)

Anyway back to my journey. Had to battle lots of icy wolves and there were far too many frost trolls round here and then.... Dragon!!
But by Azura, by Azura, by Azura! What could be better than a dragon fight beneath the looming shadow of that great shrine! :woohoo:

This surprised me by actually being an easy low level dragon but as I absorbed its soul and collected the scales and bones from the skeleton...

...that other scarier dragon was flying round again in the distance.
Come on, Arissa. Let's run away again!
Onwards to Winterhold! :pirate:
Attachments: