April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Jun 2021 23:14 - 30 Jun 2021 23:15 #35561 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...listening to music in Rachel's bedroom before making her some promises that I may not be able to keep.

Memo to self: DON'T make promises that you can't keep. :cry:

But in a completely different game I have now made it through the Dwemer ruins to grab that sword for what's-her-name but only after many deaths. Many. Deaths.
And... :excited:
I do think you may be able to get to Blackreach from this place. Not yet obviously, because I don't have the thing that does the thing to the thing. :dunno:
But when all those things are eventually possible then I think that this may be one of those places. :hmm:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jul 2021 10:30 #35564 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

Not yet obviously, because I don't have the thing that does the thing to the thing. :dunno:
But when all those things are eventually possible then I think that this may be one of those places. :hmm:

:huh: Uhm, yup, makes sense :dumb:

In my ghost town the traders wanted help against pirates just as I was about to save and quit. I wish I had saved before then but.... anyway. help the merchants and be bashed by the pirates or refuse to help and anger the merchants? My foundies are angry because I'm out of money, so I really need the merchants to pop by so I can sell stuff. So, we were bashed by the pirates. Theresa died. One of my two sheep died. There are no more sheep on the island so now I have to sell things to the merchant so I have money AND buy another sheep plus I need scrolls to further my research :dry:

I also slept terribly and still have a headache and my cats currently hate each other :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Jul 2021 13:55 #35575 by Valence

I also slept terribly and still have a headache...

Yeah, I've been playing that game too. :lol:
If I ever get past that level I'll let you know. :P

01 Jul 2021 14:02 #35579 by Charlotte
:P
Please do - I could use a walk-through....

01 Jul 2021 17:33 #35591 by Charlotte
oh dang it. I don't think I've saved the game once today and now those pesky pirates came by and killed at least three villagers. :( I didn't save after that either, but I'm pretty sure I had gotten a lot done today. Guess I'll have to see if any of the save games are useful... I'd still have the same dilemma though.... Die or go without necessary trades? Or even be attacked by the traders instead.... And my little village was coming along so nicely. Almost everyone had a house and everyone was happy so it was just a matter of time before another migrant would show up. They only show up when everyone's content with their life. And after people die, nobody is content.... They all get depressed. *sigh*

Well, maybe it's time I got back to trying to get the mods to work, instead, anyway.

01 Jul 2021 23:08 #35595 by Valence
Save. More. :stare:

02 Jul 2021 09:25 #35596 by Charlotte
Funny, the mods guy said the same thing. Though more along the lines of saving different versions of the mods code so I could go back if I messed something up :P

03 Jul 2021 01:53 - 03 Jul 2021 01:55 #35608 by Valence
Save More, I said. Well, I'd love to have the chance. :dry:

But first, another episode of Threshold Kids...

This one's about the astral plane. I wonder why? :hmm:
Ah, yes. That's why...

Unfortunately I fell off the astral plane and then got thrown back to a much earlier checkpoint that left me fighting the same group of baddies over and over again (whilst dying in between obviously.)
Finally made my way through that little quest, got to meet the janitor again who rambled on in a long, incoherent way for a while and then my GFN time was running out... but I haven't reached another Control Point yet! :shakefist:

So that means that next time I'll have to waste more time trying to fight the same baddies again. :rage:

Please give me a manual save or more checkpoints. Please? :eyeroll:
Attachments:

04 Jul 2021 12:32 #35620 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
As mentioned in the other thread, I started playing AC Valhalla yesterday and spent quite a bit of time fooling with it... more than I had planned tbh. But still on the fence presently?I think it may get a bit better here shortly, but they definitely make one work for things that were more common place in the others. Plus, I don't really care as much for the new fighting system they raved about so much. They made it where you have to be more precise, or perfect, just to perform stuff. And that's not always easy to do with everything happening so damn fast. (Definitely not like the previous games.)

And part of this might have been me just deciding to do my own thing and not follow the story path, which left me wondering for a while, 'where are the assassin techniques and tools?' And though they have said this one might be as big, or bigger, then AC Odyssey... it's also way more barren to me. And I'm not crazy with allllll the snow. Thought it was a nice change to a degree at first, but then it gets overwhelming. I find myself just looking for anyplace that might not have any snow. Makes it hard to see/find anything, even once highlighted. (And I'm already having enough issues with my eyes presently and don't need help.)

And I'm still on the fence on how one acquires abilities too. I whole lot of work for stuff you may not even like once acquired. But time will tell, and now that I finally have the hidden blade, I am enjoying that part of things, and being a sniping archer as well...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

04 Jul 2021 20:28 #35632 by Valence
I have now completely finished the Life Is Strange prequel, Before The Storm. I obviously did pay the extra two coins for the bonus episode (never could say no to Chloe. :lol:) and I'm glad I did, it was a beautiful way to end it. Beautiful but sad, pretty much like the rest of the games. :cry:
Even though it was indeed shorter than the original (took my slow-playing 13 hours instead of the 22 from the first one) I still enjoyed it just as much (even more so in a few places) and it was a terrific way to let you have a little more time with the characters before letting go.

I will miss Max and Chloe but now I think I can finally uninstall and reclaim that precious 35GB of space. :woohoo:

I may fill that gap with Tell Me Why next week. Maybe. :shrug: