March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

19 Jun 2021 19:07 #35420 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Time for some Skyrim adventures in childcare! :cheer:
And here's my adopted kid already meeting the cat...

Shall we have a game of hide and seek? Oh, go on then, I can't say no. I'll turn around and count to ten and you can find a quiet corner in the house and- Oh, wait. Was that the sound of the door. She's gone outside to hide?
No matter. I'm good at hide and seek. :thumbup:

Hmmm, didn't realise it was night. :dry:
I've only been a parent a few hours and I've already kicked her out into the cold darkness. :S
So... she's not by the Talos statue. Might need a bit of help here. Let's light up a torch (much easier to do than the Witcher!) and let's ask around....

Hey, you seen a little girl round here? About yay big? Probably trying to look sneaky? No?
Pfft! Cats never tell! :eyeroll:
*searches around in an increasingly panicky fashion*
Wait a moment. Behind the tavern, maybe?
There she is!

Right then, back home with you now. It's been a busy day for you so off to bed, Lucia....

...and I'll now go off adventuring again and you probably won't see me for several weeks. :lol:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jun 2021 19:58 - 22 Jun 2021 20:00 #35452 by Valence
Woohoo. I found someone who would sell a torch to Geralt!

OK, it's one quest too late and it's now daylight so I don't need it anyway but... he's got a proper torch now. :stare:
Also tried to kill that nightwraith thing with my newly acquired knowledge of Yrden but still kept dying. :eyeroll:

And because I can't just play one game I'm now into episode three of Before the Storm after a tremendously awkward evening with Rachel's family. :S
At least I wasn't the one causing trouble this time. Chloe was on her best behaviour. Sort of. ;)
Attachments:

23 Jun 2021 19:29 - 23 Jun 2021 22:02 #35472 by Valence
Is it too much to ask for Jenny-O-The-Woods to occasionally step into the magic Yrden circle once in a while so that I can actually hit it? :rage:
Quick!
It's in the circle!
Hit it, Geralt! Hit it now!

No, don't put your sword away again. :eyeroll:
:dead:

Edit:
Killed it! Eventually.
But that was quite frustrating. After delivering the final blow I desperately spammed F5 for a much needed quicksave and then quit for my usual game switcheroo to calm myself down again by listening to music in Rachel's bedroom before making her some promises that I may not be able to keep. :unsure:

Oh and GoG offered me another freebie which turned out to be an old-looking war shooter. Grabbed it anyway. :shrug:

24 Jun 2021 17:18 #35486 by Valence
Oooh, I love it when a game decides that it needs an update just as the Steam Summer Sale starts and all their servers are creaking under the excess traffic. :dry:

*waits*

24 Jun 2021 18:21 #35488 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It's probably just an update that will show you an ad about the sale... :aha:

Today I died again, in Greedfall. I'm playing in Easy mode, too :blush: But I was going to be all honorable and stuff and help defend an innocent man sent to the "Arena" and the rules were explained as everyone fighting in teams of two. I didn't expect the one (or were there two?) guy (s) on the other team to have two beastly oxen or something with them! Seems like cheating, to me. :pout:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Jun 2021 19:32 #35490 by Valence
Better do some cheating of your own. :evil:

Had a quick looky-loo at the sale and noticed that all the Trials games are cheap so I may grab one of the previous ones. Evolution, I think. I've heard that Fusion is a bit harder. :blush:

And speaking of Trials...

Yes!
YES!!
[SWEAR-WORD] YES!!!

Did the windmill trick PERFECTLY to climb that leaderboard...

And I lost a bit of time later on so I know I can take it down further. :)
Attachments:

24 Jun 2021 21:18 #35492 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Congratulations :)

....and maybe I will. Or maybe I will just avoid that side quest until later and hope this isn't one of those games where people die because you prioritize something easier.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Jun 2021 22:44 #35495 by Valence

Congratulations :)

:thumbup:

After all that hard work and practise I confess that I do feel ever so smug and satisfied. :lol:

Been browsing the sale a bit more now that the servers have settled down. A little disappointed that AC: Black Flag is still over a tenner. Too many coins for me. :nope:
But AC: Unity is a friendlier price and I regret not grabbing that one when it was free. I was thinking about getting some DLC for Syndicate too, that Dreadful Crimes addon sounds like my kind of thing but then I remembered that I got that game from Epic (even though I play it through my Ubisoft library) and I don't think you mix DLCs from Steam. :eyeroll:

25 Jun 2021 11:26 - 25 Jun 2021 11:28 #35498 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
Still been enjoying playing some AC Odyssey here and there these past couple weeks now, but forgot just how damn big this game actually is. If memory serves, I can recall reading or hearing somewhere that it would provide 100+ hours of gaming time to finish, but can easily see it taking much, much longer if one wanted to try to do everything in the game. ... Though some are a little repetitive to a degree, mostly the smaller side-quest, it's still not a bad thing to run some being it gets you more familiar with the areas and boost strengths, etc. And I do change up styles from being stealthy in one instance, to just ripping through and taking everyone out in others. Just find being stealthy a bit more of a challenge when I have a tamed beast with me. Little shites tend to jump into a full blown fray as soon as I fight one person, and I then end up trying to keep close to help keep from loosing my companion. :S I have a very large, oversized Lion at present, which is nearly as big as my Horse. - But he is extremely powerful and I have a sword that does provide +50% on overall damage, as well as an additional +100% on Health for the animal. So it helps.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

26 Jun 2021 19:50 #35510 by Valence
You get to have a lion? :ohmy:
Better than having kids. :P

And now that my sweet, little adopted daughter is settled in and sleeping soundly.... it's time to abandon it and go off exploring. :pirate:
I've decided to go north in search of Grimsever now that Mjoll doesn't dislike me quite as much as she used to. :dry:
But it is a long way north so it's quite a long journey from where I currently am and it'll probably get grim and snowy up there....

Yep, like that. :)
But maybe I'll be able to find some Ice Wraiths to extract more teeth for that other side quest I started ages ago.
And yes! Here's some (in the glowy blue piles)

There's also a big dead spider in that archway. And there were more spiders round the corner. And then some ice wolves. And some bears. And a Frost Troll. It seems like everything's out to get you in the north.
I also had a little look in at a cold camp of Giants and Mammoths...

...and immediately after this screenshot the soundtrack changed to the "fighty" music again and I got a bit scared cos I can't beat several Giants AND Mammoths! :nope:
Thankfully the giants were just bashing some more ice wolves and everything calmed down once they were dead. Phew.
And then I finally arrived at the unpronouncable dwemer ruins where that lady says she lost her sword...

I shall venture inside next time. :stare:
Attachments: