May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

14 Jun 2021 17:20 #35359 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
uhm nope but I think I bought it.... :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2021 17:55 - 14 Jun 2021 17:55 #35360 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming

I really want to get back to Witcher 3 this week

Val, since you've played both the AC games and Witcher 3, are they similar in game play, environments, etc.? As I may have mentioned, I picked up W3 a couple Christmases ago (I think?) but have yet to play it as of yet. Was just wondering if they might have similar feels, or maybe be as fun?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Jun 2021 18:15 #35361 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Well, I don't know about the more recent AC games, the "latest" one I have is Syndicate, but I would say that Witcher 3 gameplay is a lot different from the earlier Assassins Creed titles. Those ones all seem to be based around enclosed cities and rely on a lot of stealthy options whereas W3 is much more of an open world even if it is a bit more sparse than that of Skyrim. The combat is a bit more "Hack-N-Slash" with occasional boss-style battles against some bigger monsters but there are also a lot of smaller "investigation-style" side quests which involve you using "witcher senses" to follow footprints and evidence.
Both types of games are good fun and both allow the kind of exploration that I like in a game but I do find Witcher's cut scenes to be a little too intrusive at times.

14 Jun 2021 18:25 #35362 by Digital Dave
Cool, thanks. ... I can say the older AC games were, as you put it, enclosed cities for quite some time. But can also say the last two, Origins and Odyssey are definitely more open world, and quite huge overall. I think Odyssey may be the biggest by far and is quite massive. (It's the one I'm playing presently) And from what I've read, the new Vahalla is reported as being as big, and possibly even bigger?

14 Jun 2021 19:03 #35363 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Meanwhile in Witcher 3...
*dies after an encounter with a Nightwraith*

How the hell do you kill a Nightwraith?
Or more importantly, how do you even hit them and do the slightest bit of damage? :dry:

*googles*
Ah, Yrden. :eyeroll:

That'll teach me to spam Igni and Axii. :shrug:
Also during that quick google I found out that I should have been doing the other part of this quest first. :facepalm:
*backtracks on Roach*

And that's the other minor irritation with Witcher 3. They haven't quite nailed the kind of freeform modular storytelling that you get in Elder Scrolls games.

15 Jun 2021 21:44 #35381 by Charlotte

16 Jun 2021 10:55 #35382 by Charlotte
Well, I obviously need to learn Unity because I'm not getting anywhere. I have a tutorial on how to make items for Founder's Fortune and it all sounds easy and straight forward enough (much like those boolean modifiers in Blender sound straight forward enough). But it goes from "make your model in Blender" to "Add materials in Unity", and I can only see my 3D item in a small preview window in Unity. I can't for the life of me understand how to actually see anything in the "Scene" (main) window. And if I try to add materials in Blender, I can't see exact values of the sample items from the game, so I can't make them the "same". And no, those boolean things won't work. Again. I just feel like I keep getting stuck. Guess I'll just keep playing the vanilla game for now. :pout:

Uhm did we make a thread for 3D stuff? :dumb: I think maybe "we" did.... :dry:

16 Jun 2021 11:12 - 16 Jun 2021 11:13 #35383 by Digital Dave
That Avatar game looks pretty nice. Just wonder if it will be an open-world environment? And I wonder if it will simply follow the movie, or have it's own storyline? But I think some of the elements shown would be pretty cool to do too, like flying/riding around on the creatures. And ya know I love bows. :)

16 Jun 2021 11:47 #35385 by Charlotte
Yeah it looks really nicce and quite like the movie. From what I read on the Ubisoft site, you will go to a different part of the planet from the movie, play as a Navi and defend the planet from us evil humans :)

16 Jun 2021 12:03 #35387 by Digital Dave
Yeah, those Damn Humans!!! :lol: But just wonder if it will have a bunch of stuff, or simply battles? I'm not into just battling myself, and like the open world environment stuff with other things that one can do.