April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

10 Jun 2021 20:56 #35303 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
:hmm:

I suspect he'd kill the cow and run away from the dragon :paranoid:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2021 21:48 - 11 Jun 2021 01:30 #35304 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I don't know. :unsure:

Something tells me that this might be one of those games that'll be far too difficult for him. He'd die, die and die. Put it on easy mode.... and continue to die. :dead:
I still can't get close to the second boss in Lords of The Fallen. Can't he just drop his shield for a bit? :shakefist:

And in answer to Dave. I don't have AC Valhalla but I do like the look of it (I seem to enjoy all the Assassin's Creed games) but I have heard people moaning about outfits/armours being stuck behind more microtransactions.

Meanwhile I spent this evening making some terrible decisions. Chloe was a bad girl. :dry:
And the other characters haven't realised it yet. I feel like an awful fraud. :(

EDIT:
Yay, another photo mode for me to waste playing time with! :lol:

Ooof, that armoured guy at the Control Point was painful to kill. I died waaay too many times and the load times to restart after death are a bit slower than I'd like.
Attachments:

11 Jun 2021 13:14 #35306 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Something tells me that this might be one of those games that'll be far too difficult for him. He'd die, die and die. Put it on easy mode.... and continue to die. :dead:

If it's anything like Myazaki's other games (and it looks a lot like Dark Souls in the trailer), then you wont be switching to easy mode because there wont be any difficulty modes to switch to.

11 Jun 2021 13:26 #35308 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming

And in answer to Dave. I don't have AC Valhalla but I do like the look of it (I seem to enjoy all the Assassin's Creed games) but I have heard people moaning about outfits/armours being stuck behind more microtransactions.

Yeah, I've enjoyed most of them over the years myself, and think I really liked the last two more then I thought I would to be honest (Though I haven't played in over a year or more now, and sometimes go a couple years between even playing around with any of them.) I did like the last two, Origins and then Odyssey. With Odyssey possibly now being one of my overall Favorites. (Always liked Black Flag too, even though I wasn't sure I would like the ship aspect, it was quite enjoyable.) ... So I don't have a problem waiting some time and catching it as a bundle, if that possibly happens. - But I could just a simply go back and play some of the older ones too, since it's been so long since I played them.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

11 Jun 2021 19:25 #35310 by Valence
The race upwards against the rising water in the Ginso Tree is wonderfully exciting, frantic, thrilling and soooo infuriating!

Is it too much to ask to be able to make a save point halfway up? Pleeeeease? :cry:

I can almost make it to the final set of lanterns. Almost!
Attachments:

12 Jun 2021 14:14 #35316 by Valence
Finally got to the top and outran the water! :cheer:

And Ori deserves to have a lie down cos that was hard work.
For me at least. :dry:
I was starting to get fed up of shouting at myself. :)
Attachments:

12 Jun 2021 14:47 - 12 Jun 2021 14:49 #35318 by Digital Dave
Mentioned watching some Valhalla videos on the other thread, and to be honest, I was hoping to see if this one was still in the same realm of the others. Meaning, the solo aspect. The first couple vids I saw, made it appear that there was way more 'raiding' features, where you were part of a group thing, and I've always liked the singular aspect of the games. (I'm not one for all the slash and bash constance some games have. Usually feels a bit much and repetitive.) More into the feel of Odyssey and others, being the lone Assassin, where you can take on areas alone. ... Thus far, I'm not sure just how much of either is going to dominate? Sounds like a lot of raiding is needed, and I'm also not too crazy about making upgrading so intense that it becomes boring.

But overall, it is indeed looking pretty good atmospherically. From what I've seen so far, it looks quite nice. And I found they also added a 'head removal' in battle to things too, which I guess is similar to the Arrow Head Shot I did find enjoyable. ... But I haven't looked into what you mentioned about the microtransactions thing.

12 Jun 2021 15:19 #35319 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It's a good thing we're talking about games or I'd be very worried by comments such as "I'm more into being the lone assassin" and "head removal".... :dry:

Meanwhile I'm obsessing as much over Founders Fortune as I have previously done over various other games which I now never play... My current little colony is on their second year and consists entirely of women. Not by choice, it's just what the game keeps giving me as new colonists arrive... :shrug:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Jun 2021 15:34 #35320 by Digital Dave

It's a good thing we're talking about games or I'd be very worried by comments such as "I'm more into being the lone assassin" and "head removal".... :dry:

Games?... :evil: :P

12 Jun 2021 15:54 - 12 Jun 2021 15:57 #35321 by Digital Dave
But yep, even though I don't play a whole lot of games overall, I've always enjoyed those single, lone Assassin or Stealth related games. ... I used to play the SplinterCell games for the stealth and even the sniper stuff, but really like the RPG's with open worlds that tend to have more feel for fantasy. And being an archer myself, I do enjoy getting to use a bow or sword over a gun, any day. ... But I just finished reading up on some reviews about the Valhalla game, and there are a lot of folks saying how it's going away from the traditional AC games even more and a lot of folks are not liking this. Many of those also suggest waiting until all the bugs are fixed, and getting it a a much lower sale price for those who wish to get it. But also that it may be even more disappointing to true AC fans. Since it doesn't feel like one. - But I've always took reviews with a grain of salt anyway, being a personal like or dislike for not seeing what they would like to see. (Did this while an update was needed for Odyssey) Can't recall the time I even played and even had to reset my password just to log onto the XBoxOne.

I would say my favorites would be the Assassin Creed franchise, as well as the Fable Games. Just wish they would finally get the last one they were working on out already. Think there was one more, but can't recall it right now? Could have been the SplinterCell ones I was thinking about? Not sure? I do also enjoy the Styx games too. But think there's only two of them?

Don't think I've heard of Founders Fortune, but I really don't stay up to date with games to be honest. I usually come across stuff when it's older, sometimes years, with such long downtime periods in between actually playing anything. But do enjoy getting to play here and there.