April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 Jun 2021 20:46 #35334 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:
I was playing with my brother.... Nothing international about it :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2021 11:48 #35336 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Speaking of brothers. Watch out, Hugo!

Hmm, not seeing enough pig testicles there. :hmm:

14 Jun 2021 13:03 #35339 by Charlotte
The scenery behind that boy is amazing. :) I'm glad that wave of rats was a dream, though I suspect it might not be just a dream... :dry:

I keep restarting my Founders game - I recently resorted to such drastic measures as deleting all saved games. I manage fairly well for a few years and then pirates come and bludgeon every single one of my little people to death. Anyway, I've also managed to compile a whole page worth of ideas for mods - some of which will be forever beyond my skills but anyway.... I figured I'd give it a go after looking at the tutorials. Doesn't seem like I need to understand that ambient occlusion thing that made me stop and then forget all about Banished mods.

But I have a question... Every single game seems to want a different version of Unity for their mods, and in this case there isn't even a version available with the exact name.... so... does it matter much? (I'm pretty sure Subnautica says mods need to use the same version they used for the game, which was 2017-something.) This modding tutorial says to use 2019.3.0f6 but on Unity's download page there's a 2019.3.0 or a 2019.3.6 (and a few others in between). No f... which I have no idea what it stands for... :S Help?

14 Jun 2021 13:30 #35340 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Gaming
I actually decided to spend some time playing AC Odyssey this past weekend. Starting it all over again. - But first found that the electrical box on the power-cord was getting way too hot and shutting the system down repeatedly. So I had to spend quite a bit of time taking it apart and cleaning it out. The fan was full of dust and debris, but once cleaned, it worked well.

I also forgot just how damn long it takes, just to get enough done where you start at, to get a boat and be able to leave to head to other places. Which of course leads to the opening of the game. Many, many hours later! :blink: ... But it was nice getting to play some again, and spent a little more time yesterday too, but after I cut the grass and did work in the Garden. - Though I did go and get Poseidon's trident, since I recalled where it was, and the underwater ability is a major plus. :woohoo:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Jun 2021 13:33 #35341 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Surviving Mars is free on Humble right now (I think Epic gave it away a while back) for another 3 hours or so: www.humblebundle.com/store/surviving-mar...xe-edition-free-game?

(requires Steam to redeem it)

14 Jun 2021 13:40 #35343 by Charlotte
Yeah I have Surviving Mars, and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for it. Which is good because I'm also pretty sure I didn't care for it.

14 Jun 2021 13:54 #35344 by Charlotte
Also, nevermind on my question. I found a forum where people were griping about the bugs in the 2019.3.0f6 version of Unity and complaining that that was the 2019.3.0 version on Unity's download page. Guess it means it was the last version before 2019.3.1? :dumb:

14 Jun 2021 13:56 #35345 by Banj

Also, nevermind on my question. I found a forum where people were griping about the bugs in the 2019.3.0f6 version of Unity and complaining that that was the 2019.3.0 version on Unity's download page. Guess it means it was the last version before 2019.3.1? :dumb:

To be honest I never even saw your question even though it was just two posts above my last comment :dunno:

14 Jun 2021 14:13 #35346 by Charlotte
:dry: :stare:

14 Jun 2021 14:28 #35347 by Banj
I noticed there are a load of mods for Below Zero now, but I don't really see the point of any of them other than to remove the inconvenience of actually playing the game. :dunno: