April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 Jun 2021 23:57 - 07 Jun 2021 23:59 #35240 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

...I could put her in Breezehome if I switch out the Alchemy Lab there for a kid's room.

Aww, she was so happy when I gave in and adopted her. :excited:
She raced down to that house so fast I could barely keep up with her. Now she's lounging around my house, sitting by the warm fire and running around the dog. I can also boss her about by telling her to go outside or do some chores but I can also play with her too so some hide-and-seek may occur later. :)

And I needed some cheering up after getting into Episode Two of Before The Storm. :cry:
Those games continue to find new ways to completely tear you apart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2021 20:13 #35270 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Greedfall is on sale for...48 hours I think, the email said... Considering getting it. Did anyone play? I'm looking at what mods are available - I didn't really find my kind of thing yet, but I feel a bit reminded of Val's stories about all his helpers and accomplices in other games....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Jun 2021 21:16 - 09 Jun 2021 21:49 #35271 by Valence
Not on sale on Steam. Still a very chunky price there! :dry:
Looks pretty good though. From watching some videos I'd guess that the tactical combat is closer to those Bioware games than the Elder Scrolls in the way that you have to organise your party, although I didn't see any character switching so maybe it has it's own way of working. :)

I played on past the uber-sad bit in Before The Storm and dived in to a puzzly section before stopping myself at a good point and switching to Hellblade.
After a rather scary incident at the end of that bridge (which made me shout out loud in a startled way. :lol:) I've now got to a bit with a spectacular looking tree and a strange sword.
As usual took plenty of screenies but I feel they're probably a bit spoilerish so I'll just save them in my folder. :P

10 Jun 2021 15:52 #35274 by Valence
Woohoo, finally a Mystery Game that everyone wants. :)

Epic is giving away Control this week. Almost bought that the last time it was on sale so I'll definitely grab that when the website traffic settles back down.

10 Jun 2021 16:30 - 10 Jun 2021 16:36 #35275 by Charlotte
I have no idea what kind of game that is. I tried to look on Epic but I get "Uh oh, something went wrong" for that game. I can access the other freebie though...

EDIT: And ow GOG has a discount on Hellblade, too... Sensua's Sacrifice - didn't Banj play that one? Or post a game trailer? Or maybe I'm just getting the imagery confused...

EDIT2: and a Plague's Tale at 75% off.... But that was the one with all the pigs, right? :dry:

10 Jun 2021 16:39 #35276 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

EDIT: And ow GOG has a discount on Hellblade, too... Sensua's Sacrifice - didn't Banj play that one? Or post a game trailer? Or maybe I'm just getting the imagery confused...

Yes, it's the one (one of the ones) Valence is currently playing and mentioning every so often (he just reached the screenshot tree). Well worth playing.

10 Jun 2021 16:42 #35277 by Charlotte
Oh Val is playing that one.... too.... He plays so many games... *as if I don't* :whistle:

10 Jun 2021 16:47 #35278 by Banj
He literally spoke about playing it two posts above you asking about it :dumb:

10 Jun 2021 16:52 #35279 by Charlotte
:dumb:

10 Jun 2021 16:54 - 10 Jun 2021 16:55 #35280 by Banj
How dare you not read everything on the forum. Who do you think you are, me? :stare: :shakefist: