April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

29 May 2021 18:15 - 29 May 2021 18:25 #35082 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Just claimed my Little Nightmares. :thumbup:

And I now have a controller! :excited:

I had a quick go on Trials with it and didn't get that awful hand cramp once. Not once! :)
Unfortunately I'm completely rubbish with it. :(

Haven't used one for three or four years and I'm afraid that muscle memory has forgotten itself. :dumb:

EDIT But driving games are SOOOOOO much better with the analogue triggers. :rock:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2021 22:57 #35092 by Valence
Don't you just hate it when you have an itch on your back and you just can't quite reach it yourself?

Ooh, just a bit lower, Senua. And a bit to the left.
Aaah, that's it. :)

Did this fight with my controller and by trying out all the buttons I've realised that you can do a kick attack as well. You live and learn.
Well, you do if you didn't pay attention in the tutorial. :dry:
Attachments:

01 Jun 2021 14:18 - 01 Jun 2021 14:19 #35125 by Valence
I really wish that the GTA V map had more information on it. More markers. Labels. Something?
I was going through some of Trevor's side quest and met Maude who sent me off to catch someone hiding at the quarry. What, now? There's a quarry? Where? :dunno:
I drove around for a while looking for a rocky, sandy kind of place but nothing was showing up anywhere. In the end I had to give up, save, quit, then search on the internet.
Oh, THAT'S where it is. :aha:

In gamepad related news it's one of those games that plays much better with the controller. :thumbup:
I have been going through all my games and testing them out. Most are more comfortable now but I think I'll stick to keyboard/mouse for Skyrim because I do love the mouse wheel camera zoom. :)
Witcher 3 felt a bit awkward though. Normal movement was very clunky, I kept bumping into things, and riding Roach was like trying to control a runaway train. Movement was better during combat but I did keep accidentally taking potions. :dry:
And it doesn't solve the sword-drawing problem. :eyeroll:

01 Jun 2021 14:33 #35126 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It's probably all those "accidental" potions that make you bump into things. You drunkard you.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Jun 2021 17:54 #35127 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Did you find any of the special special eggs?

I did find some Tri---thingamies the other day during my hardcore replay. Don't know if I missed them the first time round or just ignored them on my way to sort out Alan :hmm:

01 Jun 2021 18:28 #35128 by Charlotte
yep those were the ones I thought I found when I had accidentally abducted some squidsharks.... There are supposed to be two kinds (or just 2 colours) and I found 1 of them back in early access but not (yet) in the final version. Then again I haven't played for... a while.... :dry:

I've been playing some guild wars today. If you can call it playing when I mostly try to figure out what attacks and other skills my character has because I haven't played them for years.... :whistle:

01 Jun 2021 18:33 #35129 by Banj
I found two of them sat next to each other but only picked up one as I was short of inventory space at the time. I might go back and pick up his/her brother/sister before I go and finish of again.

01 Jun 2021 19:10 #35131 by Charlotte
was it in the caves with that fluffy anemone stuff? I found 2 eggs the time I found them. And 2 eggs in such a place, when I found the squidshark, annoyingly. That's why I thought they had just changed the eggs.

01 Jun 2021 19:17 #35133 by Banj
You know where you were when you asked where I was when I was already where you were before you asked where I was? It was there :unsure: :aha:

01 Jun 2021 19:44 #35134 by Charlotte
:dry: :hmm: :huh:
So either the Glacial Basin or the Arctic Spires, I think? Which means, on land? Which suggests to me you might have found a pair of yellowish eggs? :dry: