April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 May 2021 18:50 #34969 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
or mezes....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2021 17:40 #34978 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I feel like I'm being drawn ever closer to giving in and getting a game controller for my PC. Was playing Trials for too long last night trying to do that excavator bucket jump and my hand, that was desperately attempting that rapid weight-shift movement, suddenly started to cramp up in a painful way that seemed to say, "Use a game controller, you idiot." :lol:

Of course I'd have to scrounge some coins together from somewhere first and that may take some time, but I have started looking at least. The EasySMX ones seem the most probable at the moment. Does anyone else use a PC controller, and if so, which model?

22 May 2021 17:45 #34980 by Charlotte
For a moment I thought you were going to announce that you'd purchase subnautica... but a controller... nope, I just have my sucky new mouse. Though I ordered an even newer one that should arrive early next week.

22 May 2021 17:48 #34981 by Valence
But will the newer one still have that inadvertant double click/post functionality? :P

22 May 2021 18:29 #34982 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I feel like I'm being drawn ever closer to giving in and getting a game controller for my PC. Was playing Trials for too long last night trying to do that excavator bucket jump and my hand, that was desperately attempting that rapid weight-shift movement, suddenly started to cramp up in a painful way that seemed to say, "Use a game controller, you idiot." :lol:

Of course I'd have to scrounge some coins together from somewhere first and that may take some time, but I have started looking at least. The EasySMX ones seem the most probable at the moment. Does anyone else use a PC controller, and if so, which model?

I have one of these (bought from here too): www.overclockers.co.uk/speedlink-strike-...or-pc-gc-00c-sl.html

I don't like the xbox lop sided monstrosities and this was one of only a couple of PS style controllers I could find at the time, the other being a Logitech. Had it a few months and so far it seems pretty decent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

22 May 2021 19:25 #34983 by Charlotte

But will the newer one still have that inadvertant double click/post functionality? :P

Hopefully not. :dry:

22 May 2021 21:23 #34985 by Valence
Aargh! Help! :argh:

I've done something bad. REAL bad!
I didn't mean it. I swear.
I was rushing between my new friend Alvor the blacksmith in Riverwood and my own little forge down the road after buying lots of supplies including some Moonstone to further my attempts at improving my weapons. Just to speed up the journey I put my foot down on the gas so that my horse was sprinting super fast and unfortunately I had a bit of an accident, the Skyrim equivalent of a car crash, a kind of pedestrian meets vehicle type of thing. The poor victim just stepped out into the road in front of me, I couldn't see it from the saddle, I couldn't respond quick enough and- Well, here it is...

I've killed one of the Riverwood Chickens! :eek:
Now for non-players of Skyrim, I obviously feel the need to emphasize that this is famously A Bad Thing causing all manner of angry farmers and guards to pursue you.
And yet... And yet...
There's a guard over there and no-ones attacking me yet.

Did they not see? Have I got away with it? :ohmy:
Quick! Let's get rid of the evidence.

Sorry, dead chicken. Into the river you go so that the current can take you off down the waterfall.
No, officer. No crime here. None at all. Only innocent Dragonborn. :whistle:

Oh, and apparently I don't have a high enough level in Smithing to improve my magic weapons so poor chicken died for nothing. However I did manage to enchant my bow to add 10 extra points of shock damage. :thumbup:

And in more multiple game playing action, I rolled over a few more Gwent noobs in WItcher 3. One guy tried to intimidate me by playing his 10 card and then passing the round. But I wiped it off the board with a scorch card and then cleaned up the next round with some superior tactics. Ooooh, am I gonna win that 10 card off him? :excited:
No. :angry:
Instead he gives me another Torrential Rain. ANOTHER! :shakefist:
I still don't have a usable card over 6. :eyeroll:
Attachments:

22 May 2021 21:28 #34986 by Valence

I have one of these (bought from here too): www.overclockers.co.uk/speedlink-strike-...or-pc-gc-00c-sl.html

I don't like the xbox lop sided monstrosities and this was one of only a couple of PS style controllers I could find at the time, the other being a Logitech. Had it a few months and so far it seems pretty decent.

Oooh, that's a better price than the one I was looking at.
Personally I don't mind the XBox ones with the asymmetric analogue sticks. In fact I'm more used to them than the other style but the idea of saving a few coins may convert me. :)

22 May 2021 22:01 #34989 by Charlotte
That'll teach you not to speed. Poor chicken.

I haven't played much Subnautica the past few days, including today. I went back to the place I was the other day when I was in over my head, and restarted from an earlier save, but... well it wasn't as important a place as I'd hoped which means I need to go back again... and look around some more.... while avoiding those freaky ice worms. I think I'll bring more thumpers. And beacons. Apparently I forgot to add more of those - again.

But it's all for tomorrow... :zzz:

23 May 2021 19:24 - 23 May 2021 19:25 #34993 by Valence
Today I remembered that I still had a few coins left on an old use-it-or-lose-it Amazon gift card so I have indeed used that to order a super cheap Xbox style controller, though it may take a while to be shipped from the other side of the world. :dry:
And if it turns out to be useless tat then I haven't really lost anything and shall go back to the original plan and scrounge some real coins for that one Banj linked to. :)

Those freaky Ice Worms sound scary. Thump them with your thumpers. :P