May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

18 Aug 2021 22:23 #36048 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Alas (or thankfully) the key man really did die not long after that so he can't report my "crime" anymore and all the other guards were too busy fighting so I think I've got away with this bit of accidental pickpocketing. :)

I don't think I ever went to the north areas of Divinity's Reach either. I can't recall if that part of the map was even unlocked for my lower level characters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2021 22:26 #36049 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think all parts are unlocked, it's just that you'd be very foolish to go to high level areas before you're ready, because you might encounter a frog or mosquito or something that'll kill you instantly. The area I'm referring to was a level 80 area, while DR is level 1-10 or so.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Aug 2021 17:21 - 19 Aug 2021 17:52 #36057 by Charlotte
I've gotten one of those "find 5 differences in this image" from GOG again, where each difference links to discounts - but it just takes you to a page that says enter redeem code here and not for which game the code is. And i's only valid once I think so basically you can't go look and then think about it. I think. I don't like those. :stare:

EDIT: No codes expire on Aug. 22nd. Still, you need to "redeem" the code to know what the game is called and if you don't already know it you then need to go google it. I still think it's annoying. :stare: 

EDIT2: I have to yake that back too. Apparently you can click it to get to the game info page rather than the checkout like I thought. Don't know if that has changed or if I just always got it wrong. :blush: 

:dumb:

19 Aug 2021 18:02 #36058 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I usually delete their discount emails straight away. If they wont tell me what the offer is for and how much the "exclusive" discount is, then I can't be bothered to go and look.

19 Aug 2021 18:19 #36060 by Charlotte
I often do too, but occasionally I want to see what's on offer.

19 Aug 2021 18:42 - 19 Aug 2021 19:00 #36062 by Charlotte
"Description
When you buy this game, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls Chapter II: Daggerfall will be added to your GOG.com account for free!

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition includes Morrowind plus all of the content from the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. "

About 4 pounds... should I? Shouldn't I? :hmm:

EDIT: Looking at screenies the graphics look pretty jarringly bad. But elder scrolls online is free to try until aug 30th. 
(Annoyingly they keep saying you can buy the game so you can keep playing after august, and at a discount too, but NOT THE PRICE. Or I'm blind and/or stupid again. :(

19 Aug 2021 19:18 #36066 by Valence
You can mod it but it still does look a little ropey by modern standards...

Haven't played it since that ill-advised excursion to Solstheim where everything killed me far too quickly. :S

Meanwhile in the next game in the series, Sean Bean doesn't have a horse so I have to ride a bit and then wait for him to catch up...

Attachments:

19 Aug 2021 19:21 #36067 by Charlotte
I think I might try the free online game. It looks prettier. Not that I can play anything while G is sleeping on my left arm. And farting. :stare:

19 Aug 2021 19:22 #36068 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Morrowind is a 20 year old game, so it looks like a 20 year old game 

19 Aug 2021 19:27 #36069 by Valence
Yeah, I'd like to try ESO too but every time it's free I just don't have the disk space for it. :(