May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

17 Aug 2021 21:49 #36028 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Also you can tell how long I spent running after that guy because it's daytime in the second screenshot. :lol:

Memo To Self: Always stay in the car. :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2021 13:48 #36034 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Guild Wars 2 has a beta thing for existing players were we can create level 80 characters to try some new specializations. If we can decide on a name :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Aug 2021 14:10 #36035 by Valence
Ooh, I haven't played that for a while... not since I started getting repeatedly killed in Kessex Hills. Or whatever that place was called. :dry:
I've been a bit too tired for my late night GFN sessions recently. The only one I manage to play "regularly" is A Plague Tale although this week I did do that little pickpockety/lockpicky session in Kingdom Come.

Oh, and I read recently that GoG are giving away some of those 90s Syndicate games. I vaguely remember them but not quite well enough to recall if they're worth having now. :dumb:

18 Aug 2021 14:25 #36036 by Charlotte
I think I saw that in an email but I probably never heard of the games and deleted the email...

18 Aug 2021 14:37 #36037 by Charlotte
Hmm and now I have a character I'm not sure what to do. It's not like I want to play all the low level quests, again...

18 Aug 2021 14:53 #36038 by Charlotte
Geez I was aiming for edit, not reply. But my aim is obviously not very good. I decided to explore some areas of the map that I don't remember my usual characters having access to. And instantly died. So went somewhere that sounded peaceful. And instantly died. :shrug: 

18 Aug 2021 15:13 #36039 by Valence

And instantly died... And instantly died. :shrug: 

Brings back some good memories. :lol:

And I just had a search for those Syndicate games and they don't look quite as good as I recalled. They obviously don't bring back good memories. :P

18 Aug 2021 15:52 #36040 by Charlotte
Hmm there's stuff that has changed.... :blink: and it looks like Divinity's Reach is under siege. Maybe I should play more often so I keep track of what's happening.... Anyway I think I'd rather play as my usual old characters than these beta try-outs... I do have two level 80 characters of my own, after all... And if they find loot, I get to keep it! (unlike the betas)

18 Aug 2021 21:00 #36046 by Valence
Back to Oblivion, I say.
You remember, the one where I left Sean Bean and tried to get into a castle with a guy with a key but then my sword broke and many deaths occured and then...

I think it's time to reload that previous save when my only worry was Sean Bean. :dry:

Well, I've now discovered that I didn't have to worry about Sean Bean after all because 1: He can do magic! And 2: He's only invincible. :woohoo:
And I don't mean he's just really good. No, I mean that because he's considered vital to the later story, at the moment he's literally invincible. So in a glorious piece of irony Sean Bean has finally found a place where he can't die. :giggle:

So that means just one thing. Sean.... you're coming with me to the castle.
And so throughout the battle I didn't bother waving my fragile, breakable sword. I just stood next to Sean Bean and let him do magic and not die. Some other guards did die though and I immediately looted their bodies to get a sword that actually works and then joined the fight. :pirate:
But then I saw the guy with the key lying on the ground. :(
We need that key! So I ran over and looted his body and then he immediately got up. :blink:
OK,  so he wasn't dead then. He was just knocked down. And now he was on his feet again he looked at me holding his key and in the midst of battle shouted, "Thief!" :facepalm:

18 Aug 2021 21:35 #36047 by Charlotte
:D

Did the guards come and throw you in jail again?

I went back to Divinity's Reach with one of my level 80 characters only to find that everything was as before. Apparently the siege-y bits are all northeast of town, in an area I've not been yet. And can't easily get to. But on the way I got to feel all accomplished and stuff by killing some bandits. And centaurs. And trolls. A couple of wargs. Lots of reptiles. And a few spiders.