April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

11 May 2021 12:56 - 11 May 2021 12:58 #34815 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
well I've been trying out Pine today. I think I need to start a new game because I've ended up far from where I'm supposed to be and keep getting myself killed.... :dry: But the only thing that really annoys me, so far, is that I had to google what the heck those "amphiscus orbs" were. I mean, they look kind of significant, but there's no info or anything when you pick them up - which is different from all other items. And maybe also those sparkly mechanisms. I do have an idea but I'd need a new game to try it because I lost (donated) my antenna... :S

EDIT: and as soon as I'm back (alive and well) in the game, there those orbs are... listed right there on the pause screen. *sigh*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2021 13:33 #34816 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
You find out what to do with those things by following and completing the quests which unlock various things along with the "story" :confident:

11 May 2021 14:18 #34817 by Charlotte
Perhaps. But I never like not knowing whether to hold on to something or not, like for the "donation boxes". And that's when I realised those orbs weren't in my inventory and got confused as to what they were and why they just "disappeared".

11 May 2021 14:25 #34818 by Banj
Well good luck with inventory management. I have found no way to actually get rid of stuff other than to eat it, craft something, or stick it in a donation box thing. It makes it annoying to collect things, or trade in villages as your starting inventory is so limited in space.

11 May 2021 14:31 #34819 by Charlotte
I haven't noticed that it's limited in space.... But I didn't manage to get very far, either... Anyway, I think you can right click and choose drop?

11 May 2021 14:34 #34820 by Banj
Nope :nope:

11 May 2021 15:12 #34821 by Charlotte
well I can, at least on some things... :dry:

11 May 2021 16:57 #34824 by Charlotte
Now I am back to where I was before I restarted the game, with the small difference that I haven't died once this time around. And my backpack is full... and I'm not sure how I like the game so I decided to do something else.
And quit without saving. The game didn't say anything so hopefully it saves by itself when you quit :S

11 May 2021 17:07 #34825 by Banj
I'm also not sure if I will continue with it much more. I haven't touched it since last week.

12 May 2021 00:59 #34827 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Well you both inspired me to have a very quick go with Pine and my overall impression is that it's rather naïve. The only-occasional voices are a bit annoying and the simplistic "follow the marker" quests feel as shallow as the ones in Black Desert. It got a bit better once the crafting element came into play and so far I too can drop things by right-clicking.
The lighting is pretty poorly designed though. Even in the forest areas the shadows are way too bleak but those early cavern sequences were infuriating as I stumbled along paths I couldn't see into walls that I couldn't see.
I felt like recalibrating my monitor by the end of it. :dry: