April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

26 Apr 2021 15:48 #34593 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
Nails? Obviously vikings didn’t need nails to build houses, just their boats for some reason though I’m not sure 100 iron nails are quite sufficient for a longship but there you go.
My scan when quite well, though I’m in a lot of pain now from all the poking and prodding.
It turns out my left kidney isn’t draining properly due to a stone that’s sitting somewhere between my kidney and bladder so it’s a CT scan next.
I’ve also been diagnosed with hyper parathyroidism which means I have raised levels of calcium due to a tumour in my neck (almost certainly benign thankfully). It also means I’m more prone to kidney stones (no s@!t Sherlock) heart disease, muscle and joint pain and depression.
And here’s me thinking I’m just a lazy miserable old git! :)
Thanks for the concern both and I’ll keep you posted.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2021 15:55 #34594 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think the vikings also had a (mythical) ship built out of dead men's nails.... finger nails, that is... :dry:

I'm glad to hear that tumour seems benign and honestly it can be quite nice to have something to blame instead of thinking one is a lazy miserable old git. ;) (I'm sure I have something to blame, it's just the doc's can't find it.... :dry:)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Apr 2021 20:22 #34597 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Sneakily tiptoeing my way ever closer to Valravn...

...after all his naughty tricksy stuff I think I may finally be getting ready for a big fight soon. :eek:

Actually, as I type this I do already know seeing as he's just killed me several times. :lol:

That big leap he does when he lunges at you from miles away is absolutely terrifying! :argh:

And deadly. :dead:
Attachments:

27 Apr 2021 14:05 #34600 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Valravn :eek: :argh:

27 Apr 2021 14:32 #34602 by Charlotte
I'm just glad I don't know that guy.... :S

And since I've been headachey lately and probably shouldn't be gaming at all, that's obviously what I have been doing. Today I'm trying a little mobile game called tiny shop. Instead of an adventure RPG you're basically the shop in an Adventure RPG - crafting and selling gear and potions. Kinda cutesy.

28 Apr 2021 20:32 - 30 Apr 2021 01:54 #34614 by Valence
I beat Valravn. :pirate:
Eventually.

I tried to get a screenshot of my glorious victory but it was a little bit panicky and I couldn't get a photo that wasn't all frantic motion blur and blood spatter. :lol:

But it was very exciting. :)

30 Apr 2021 01:58 #34630 by Valence
After successfully defeating Valravn the other day in Hellblade I took that boss-battle over-confidence into Lords Of The Fallen to try and take on the Commander and his massive shield....

...and didn't really achieve anything other than my own repeated death.
I seem to be very good at hitting that shield but not so good at striking the actual baddie behind it. :dry:
Attachments:

30 Apr 2021 09:42 #34632 by Charlotte
on the bright side you must now be an absolute expert on dying. :D

01 May 2021 02:38 - 01 May 2021 02:41 #34651 by Valence
ARK! :pirate:

While the sun was setting I saw something quick and shifty across the water and suspected... Raptor. :hmm:
But with the light fading I wasn't gonna start anything so I went back to my sandy shack and cooked a meal or two whilst plotting my attack and gathering some more meat from my cupboards.
When night-time was finally over I jumped into the water and swam across to the little island. The attacking Piranhas made me nostalgic for that raft that's miles away halfway up the eastern coast so I just pressed shift to try to swim a bit faster and pressed shift even harder as they continued to nip at my ankles.
I easily made it across without dying, the little fishies aren't too deadly if you don't have to swim far, but I had only taken two steps on dry land when that Raptor was racing for me. And it was a Tek Raptor! :excited:
But don't get excited just yet, it's coming to kill you. Get the Bola. What number do I have it as. Five. Yes it's five in my inventory thing.
*presses 5*
*swings*
*throws*
*MISSES* :pinch:
Glad I was carrying two. :whistle:

Got it the second time. Sneaked round the back away from its snapping mouth and slashing claws to give it the old rapid puncherooo. Punchpunchpunchpunch. Then I dump all my meat on the unconscious beastie and before you know it, I have a new friend, Tara the Tek Raptor!

Yeah, behind me those Freddy Kruger Therizinosaur things are a bit close now. We'd better scarper.
We had a little walk around the coast before the swim back, I don't have my Raptor saddle here so I had to just let her follow me but she killed those Piranhas that were snapping at my feet again. :)

And as we walked back to my shack I deliberately antagonized a Dilo so she could kill it and feed on it. :evil:
Then one of those annoying flying things came swooping close so I annoyed that to let the Raptor have another feed. But it was flying just out of her range and kept swooping down to get at me so I guess I'm gonna have to kill it. I spun around after it while swinging my axe and then suddenly my Raptor got involved and dived in the way while I was swinging. :ohmy:

And it wasn't a very high level Raptor either so it died pretty quick at my clumsy, blood-stained hands. :cry:

So poor Tara wasn't my friend for very long. But at least I got some electronics from the Tek body. :shrug:
Attachments:

01 May 2021 20:51 #34666 by Valence
No, I'm not responsible for that fire!

Well, not directly. But everyone walking past seems to look at me strange and mumble some accusation under their breath so I'd better do a runner. :brb:
And on my aimless, non-questy travels I managed to buy a Scorch card! :excited:
Used it to win a game of Gwent and then later misused it to almost lose a game that I was winning by miles. :dry:
Must learn quicker.
And I lost another game by choosing to put a card right into the impenetrable fog that I'd forgotten about when the other card I had would have won that round AND the game. :facepalm:
Must learn quicker.

And in other news Roach was a bit silly today...

Three times we got stuck on fences and stairs like this. :shrug:
Attachments: