May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

03 May 2021 02:19 - 03 May 2021 02:26 #34674 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
After a bit of weapon/shield crafting I went off to explore some of the swampy areas in ARK as I've always avoided them so far. And I saw some things I've never seen before like a really big snail thing. I watched it get attacked by a load of Dilos and it just disappeared into its shell and sat there until they got bored. :lol:

Also saw a Big Snake :eek:
Haven't encountered one of those since the first days on the island when they terrified me with the speedy, slithering attacks and poisonous bites. Would I fare any better now that I'm at level 65 with better equipment? Would I???

Well, yes....

I hid behind my shield and swung my sword around and it did the trick. I did still get poisoned though but this time it didn't knock me out straight away and kill me. I just had to have one of those annoying sleeps next to the dead body. :S

After that I also built another raft after getting sick of those Piranhas...

and I really wanted to craft a full Ghillie outfit. At the other base I would always wear the chest piece that I'd got from a supply drop so it would be nice to have the full kit. What do you need to make them?
Organic Polymer?! :?
Don't think I've ever even seen that? Where is it from? Do you make it? :dunno:

Well it's certainly not in my Great Cupboard Of Resources so I'll have to do with something else instead. Used some Chitin to make some of that armour....

Would have liked the Ghillie suit but this'll do I suppose.

(EDIT: A googling tells me that you can harvest organic polymert from some of those weird little birds that I've seen strut around the coast as well as from other creepier things that I've never seen.)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 May 2021 09:29 #34675 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I have a vague memory of actually acquiring a piece of organic polymer. Not enough to do anything with it - I just had it in storage.

I was terribly tired and irritable yesterday. Might have been due to me getting to bed at 3 am the night before :dry: but anyway, after not managing to focus on TV/Netflix or drawing (though I did some) or anything else (including napping! I tried! And got up again!) I decided I needed to play something calming. So I started a new hardcore game of Subnautica, while waiting for the 14th.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 May 2021 14:32 #34683 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So I started a new hardcore game of Subnautica, while waiting for the 14th.

:ohmy:

03 May 2021 16:01 #34688 by Charlotte
:dry:
Swimming around the shallows is pretty relaxing after all... I just have to stay away from deep depths and fishy fishes....

03 May 2021 16:19 #34689 by Banj
Just remember to breathe and you should be OK... mostly.

04 May 2021 11:11 #34701 by Charlotte
I forget that a bit too often. And why is it that wherever I place my base, those big reefbacks show up AFTER the fact, trying to get themselves stuck on it? (It's not stuck yet, but I'm sure they're all suicidal. Earlier I saw one trying to climb out of the water and get stranded with the Aurora.)

04 May 2021 11:22 #34702 by Banj

Earlier I saw one trying to climb out of the water and get stranded with the Aurora.)

:ohmy: They're evolving.

04 May 2021 11:45 #34704 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Well I was very brave in ARK last night. Not "hardcore" admittedly but still brave... for me. I saw a massive high-level Sarcosuchus in the distance and instead of hiding or sneaking past or running away, I actually made the decision to go over there and kill that big thing! :pirate:
And kill it I did. :stare:

I'd taken my new raft and sailed over half way up the western coast. My current plan is to venture northwards up both of the coasts (using the raft on this side and the Pteranodon on the east) and start building some more little outposts that I can fast travel between. Currently the big mountain is becoming ever more dominant in the landscape and I'm now torn between dropping my bed on a nice-looking plateau near a double waterfall or pushing on to the base of the mountain.
I'll make a decision when it's daylight again.

04 May 2021 13:35 #34706 by Charlotte
Dang. I forgot to breathe. :dumb:

04 May 2021 13:38 #34707 by Banj
:dead: