April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 May 2021 21:23 #34788 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2021 01:41 #34790 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
There I was worrying about the big birdies and I ended up getting attacked by one of those annoying normal angry birds. :eyeroll:
Didn't kill me, they never do, but it stole all the food I was carrying. :shakefist:
And I couldn't even hit it. Flailing the sword around didn't do much. I usually get over 100 damage with each swing but the feathered thing managed to stay just on the edge of my range so I ended up hitting it with blows that only took single points off its health. And I was useless with the bow so I'm certainly not gonna be able to use that against the bigger ones.
Speaking of which, I did get a little closer as I wandered north and they flew south...

If I'm gonna try and tranq one of them I'll need at least a crossbow, so I had a look around for some cheap metal and found that there are almost none of those smooth river rocks that you get on the south coast. I only managed to get two measly chunks to go with literally hundreds of stone and flint. The resource map says that there are definitely some richer metal rocks inland but they're probably halfway up the mountains and that'll be a long, risky journey to make. :S
Attachments:

08 May 2021 21:00 #34795 by Valence
Yay, some more static sports reports for Banj! :giggle:

Seriously though, how hard can it be to ride into a scoop ramp, throw your bike high into the air, do a front flip, catch your back wheel onto the centre of a windmill, hang there for a moment before dropping off and letting the spinning sail slingshot you over the next obstacle? :blink:

And the answer is ... very hard indeed.

Just cannot get the wheel up high enough onto that wooden bit. And the annoying thing is that this is one of my best tracks and I'm pretty sure if I can save a bit of time by doing this very trick then I WILL get a Diamond medal.

But it's soooo tricky: :(
Wait a minute...

I got the wheel up! :woohoo:
But it didn't stick there long enough and I fell off and crashed. :cry:
Attachments:

08 May 2021 21:57 #34796 by Charlotte
Aw, poor Don Quijote

10 May 2021 11:58 #34802 by Charlotte
Today's EPIC Freebie:

PINE
An open-world action adventure game set in a simulated world in which humans never reached the top of the food chain. Fight with or against a variety of species as you make your way to a new home for your human tribe.

(I got it but I haven't tried it - or even installed it - yet. Still playing the original Subnautica but now it's only 4 days to official release of below Zero. Yaaaay!)

10 May 2021 12:04 #34803 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I started playing Pine on Thursday. That terrible attempt at posting a screenshot is Pine in action. It's an OK open world adventure RPG.

10 May 2021 12:09 - 10 May 2021 12:11 #34804 by Charlotte
hmm it's been available a while already and epic doesn't shove that annoying won't go away notification in my face until today? They're slacking!

(but come to think of it, Val's mentioned them releasing the freebies on Thursdays enough times that I should have known...)

Edit (after going back to look and refresh my memory)

I started playing Pine on Thursday. That terrible attempt at posting a screenshot is Pine in action. It's an OK open world adventure RPG.

Oh... :aha:

10 May 2021 12:24 #34805 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's a bit of exploration and walking, a bit of puzzle stuff, gathering food and resources, some combat here and there, walking, some crafting of equipment, quests to get stuff and go places to do other stuff, a bit of walking, and some walking.

10 May 2021 12:43 #34806 by Charlotte
Walking is a healthy pastime :dumb:

10 May 2021 13:37 #34808 by Valence
Yes, I grabbed Pine last Thursday but haven't tried it yet. I was a bit disappointed that they haven't given away Subnautica again. There have been a few games they've offered more than once (like Inside and Alien Isolation) and I thought they might do it to promote the official release of the sequel but... I guess not. :(

Meanwhile I've been on the case in LA Noire again and there's been an update since the last time I played which meant... update the game, update the Rockstar launcher, update the Rockstar Social Club, log in again, try to remember password again, try to spot the traffic lights/fire hydrants on the Capcha thing and finally.... play! :eyeroll: