April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

20 Apr 2021 11:40 #34512 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Got a bit excited when I saw an article telling me that Horizon Zero Dawn is currently free....

...but only the Playstation version. :pout:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2021 17:17 #34548 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Epic's Freebie is Alien:Isolation. I got it, but I doubt I'll ever play it. It's probably too scary for me. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Apr 2021 19:29 - 23 Apr 2021 20:13 #34555 by Valence
I got it the last time it was free just before Christmas and still haven't played it yet. :dry:

Meanwhile in Trials....
I moved on from my leaderboard-climbing, medal-missing speed-running to try out some of the harder tracks that I recent unlocked and couldn't even complete a couple of them. :(
I think it may be time to try and move on to that twichy Mantis bike that I can't control in the hope that I can get some more height and distance to my jumps.

EDIT: I hate that bike! :pout:

24 Apr 2021 18:01 #34570 by Valence
OK, then. Let's see if I can get Sherlock through this maze. :confident:
I think I may have a clue in my casebook that will help. Then again, I thought the same thing last time but that turned out to not be the right clue. :dry:

24 Apr 2021 22:53 #34573 by Valence
...well that wasn't quite as elementary as I'd hoped but I got out in the end. And solved the case with the correct killer. :thumbup:
But not the right weapon. :oops:
I still think my deduction made more sense but never mind. I'll accept the partial success.

26 Apr 2021 01:39 #34582 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
Not much arts being going on but the up side of having kidney stones and having to take quite a substantial amount of time off work is I’ve got to spend some time on Valheim.
Been busy building........

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

26 Apr 2021 07:06 #34583 by Charlotte
How many different buildings do you need? :blink:

and what's happening with the kidney stones? I know nothing about how they're treated/removed... But I hope you don't have to just put up with them?

26 Apr 2021 08:02 - 26 Apr 2021 08:03 #34585 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Gaming
I guess ‘technically’ you only need one but there’s some crops that only grow in the most dangerous biome (environment) so most people have at least two with quick travel portals between them.
There’s also recourses that are specific to each biome so I have outposts in all of them.
There’s only 5 buildings there within a single stone walled compound, I’ve just split up my workbenches, kitchen, harbour etc between different ones.
So, in reverse order there’s an internal shot of my throne room, external shot of the same with my ‘war council’ meeting place in front, my throne room and war council with my iron forge to the left and my kitchen/pub in the right, next is my wood workshop and the land side of my harbour building and finally the sea facing side of my harbour.
All made in survival mode as opposed to the ‘creative’ mode or with cheat codes.
I’ve got a scan on my kidney stones today and as I’ve waffled on far too much I’ll let you know later about those.
Thanks for asking though Charlotte!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

26 Apr 2021 08:15 #34586 by Charlotte
I get the several outposts, but I asked because there were several buildings in the same pictures above ;) Though honestly I can understand that too and it does make it look like one of those old timey homesteads. I just figured it'd be more resource efficient to make one or two buildings for everything. :)

Good luck with the scan :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

26 Apr 2021 11:40 #34588 by Valence
Will they give you the screenshots of your scan? :P
Hope it goes OK.

I was continuing my building efforts in Skyrim the other night starting with a night-time shopping trip for some straw. And despite being in a usually safe area I got ambushed by three cultists while I was on my own. I wasn't even wearing my armour at the time as I'd put on all my nice clothes for my little outing so a quick change ensued followed by a three-on-one skirmish.
And then back to shopping.
But why are ALL the shops closed after dark? :pout:

So I had to sleep somewhere for five hours until Belethor finally opened...

So I got some straw and now that it was daylight again I made another stop-off at the sawmill to be watched by the ever-unhelpful Hod...

I'll just carry this log around by myself, shall I?

:eyeroll:

But with all those resources collected my house is growing again...

Aaand it's night-time already. I also had to stop at that point because I ran out of nails. A house needs a lot of nails apparently. :confident:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto