May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

13 May 2021 13:39 #34854 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
they did have a limit of 10 or so to a stack as well, didn't they? In the time I played that only happened with wood, so I guess things can differ.

Can you retrieve things from donation boxes at any later time? It seemed to be doable, in which case they could work as temp storage, but I didn't go through with it because I was only neutral with the village anyhow. And I guess things might go away when you quit and come back?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2021 21:14 - 13 May 2021 21:17 #34864 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Hmm, next week's Epic freebie is an unnamed mystery game. :hmm:
Mystery. Game. :paranoid:

Did I say "next week"? I obviously meant next w:eek: :dry:

13 May 2021 21:18 #34865 by Valence
:stare:

13 May 2021 21:25 #34866 by Charlotte
:giggle:

14 May 2021 01:56 - 14 May 2021 01:58 #34868 by Valence
Still can't find any metal at this new place in ARK.
I did start going up towards the mountain to where I thought it could be. The map says that there should be some inland if you follow a little stretch of water so I did just that and then the snows came and it was very cold. VERY cold. My health plummeted and I quickly realised that I had to get back to the grasslands fast or I was gonna die. Clearly I need a warmer outfit, possibly some kind of furry thing. Everything was going red at the edge of the screen and I could hear my heart pounding but I just made it back to a warmer area in time. Barely. I think my health (which is normally way over 400) was down at a scary 3. :ohmy:
And just as I started to build myself back up to fitness another Sarco lunged at me. :eyeroll:
I killed it OK, I seem to be able to dispatch most mid-range beasties these days, but I couldn't harvest the corpse cos one of those massive Argie birds swooped down and picked the body clean. Note to self: they're obviously mean scavenger thingies. So I ran away.
Then that smaller bird started stealing my food again. :shakefist:
But I timed my sword swings better this time and got it! :pirate:

I then returned to my base to cook some much-needed food and found a big Bronto was getting a little close for my liking....

Too close! Hey! Get off my house!!

It walked over the roof several times. Thankfully without any damage. :dry:

After that I had another try at Pine and played through the start again. This time the lighting looked completely different and I could see perfectly well in the caves. :huh:
Last time they were completely pitch black whenever you got a few steps away from the torch. I didn't change any settings so I guess it must have been another of those bugs. :shrug:
I got to the first village and finally got one of those orb things. It was a much more enjoyable experience on this occasion now that I could see what I was doing. :)
I may continue.
Attachments:

14 May 2021 15:06 #34873 by Charlotte
So, Banj, did you buy the game (Subnautica Below Zero that is) when it was last on early access price or now or are you waiting for some reason, like a sale or something...? It seems launch time is 5 pm UTC which I had to google, before I concluded that that's probably 7 pm my time. Still not sure if that means the full game won't be updated until after that, if you already bought it...

Unknown Worlds aren't the greatest at information... I checked their Facebook page and they haven't posted since 2019 or so... and on their own forums, they usually post some info/news after the fact. It's hard to find their own info about the game launch. or maybe I looked in all the wrong places. I know I saw an "event" on Facebook but when I tried to find it again to check what time it was, I couldn't.

14 May 2021 15:19 - 14 May 2021 15:46 #34874 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

So, Banj,

Yes? :eh:

did you buy the game (Subnautica Below Zero that is) when it was last on early access price or now or are you waiting for some reason, like a sale or something...?

I didn't :dry: I am debating right now whether I am going to get it now, or later :hmm:

It seems launch time is 5 pm UTC which I had to google, before I concluded that that's probably 7 pm my time. Still not sure if that means the full game won't be updated until after that,

:dunno:

if you already bought it...

No, I just said. Aren't you listening reading? :stare:

EDIT - Nevermind. I now have it. I'll blame peer pressure :giveup: :whistle:

14 May 2021 15:47 #34875 by Valence
I obviously don't know but the people on the Steam discussions page already have the final release version.
Where did you get it from?

14 May 2021 15:52 #34876 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
According to Steam the release update was this morning, the 5pm thing is a launch event live stream.

14 May 2021 16:13 #34877 by Charlotte
And you're telling me NOW Val? :stare:
I guess it's time to start a new game :)