May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

12 May 2021 05:38 #34828 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: did you notice the torches you could light along the way? :whistle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 May 2021 11:29 #34829 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I did. And I lit one. And it was still mostly dark. Are you supposed to be able to carry them? I couldn't get him to pick them up and they were always a bit too far away from where I wanted the light. During that Left-Left-Right puzzle I knew exactly what I had to do but spent ages trying to actually find the things in the gloom. :dumb:

12 May 2021 12:53 #34831 by Charlotte
Odd. I didn't have any problem at all seeing inside the caves.

12 May 2021 14:09 #34834 by Valence
You obviously have better eyesight than me. :P
Perhaps I was wearing the Boots Of Blinding Speed from Morrowind. :lol:

Or much more likely, I probably need to tweak some settings in GFN. ;)

12 May 2021 20:13 #34837 by Valence
Ok, let's get back to my house building in Skyrim.
After resupplying myself with the necessary amount of nails I've now completed the walls and roof of the substantial extension...

Nice. :aha:
It's still a bit sparse inside. I did make some chairs and a Round Table so that I could sit in a King Arthur way, but I thought I'd rather continue with the exterior construction, especially when I found out that I could add an Alchemy Tower. A Tower! :excited:
And it goes here on the north side...

Sadly I can't build it yet as I've now completely run out of all the iron that I've collected throughout the game. So let's find a mine. :pirate:
I think the nearby Embershard has Iron Ore but it's a long time since I went in there and I think some bandits may have moved in.
So the mine isn't mine, it's theirs. :giggle:
Let's kill them then. :evil:

After much stabbing and archery and then plenty of pickaxing I am again overencumbered with iron. One slow walk to the nearest smelter/forge takes place and now I have lots of nails, iron fittings, hinges and a lock to go with all that wood that I'm already hoarding.
Let's get back and start on that tower!
But it seems I can't build it yet? :dunno:

Hmm, let me take a look at the plans again....

Apparently I need more hinges and THREE locks. THREE?! :blink:
I guess this is gonna be a secure tower ... when I eventually have the correct resources. :dry:
Attachments:

12 May 2021 20:30 #34839 by Charlotte
That reminds me of that pine game. The locks that is. Just before I quit, I was exploring the "tower" in Pollen Pass. There was a chest there that you needed a key for, so I made the key, opened the chest and.... nothing? I think I had a full backpack but then shouldn't it say something about that if there was an item? And there didn't seem to be any new "ideas" or "orbs" or anything either. Was there ever anything in that chest? Well, I haven't felt like playing that game again. Sadly - because it seemed like the kind of game I'd enjoy. Or that's what I thought before playing it...

12 May 2021 20:39 #34840 by Valence
Maybe the chest was so dark that you couldn't see what was inside. :lol:
I didn't get that far, I only had about 45 minutes late last night. I'll probably have another go over the next few days but the storytelling does feel a little simplistic for my tastes so I doubt I'll commit to it for the long term.

13 May 2021 11:24 #34848 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

That reminds me of that pine game. The locks that is. Just before I quit, I was exploring the "tower" in Pollen Pass. There was a chest there that you needed a key for, so I made the key, opened the chest and.... nothing? I think I had a full backpack but then shouldn't it say something about that if there was an item? And there didn't seem to be any new "ideas" or "orbs" or anything either. Was there ever anything in that chest? Well, I haven't felt like playing that game again. Sadly - because it seemed like the kind of game I'd enjoy. Or that's what I thought before playing it...

It seems a little buggy. I played again last night and magically now have an option to drop items. Inventory space is going to drive me insane like in every other game like this. Like travelling miles across country to go somewhere only to realise I need to craft something to do what I need to do there and require an ingredient that you can only find all the way back the other side of the country :facepalm: which I then can't pick up because my inventory is full... and then after making space I can't craft the thing I need because my inventory is full with the thing I need to craft it :omg:

Trading is also incredibly annoying with the insane balance precision needed for the trader to accept the trade... and then once you reach that perfect balance you can't complete the trade anyway because you have no inventory space to take the items you were were trying to buy... but you can't make space because to do so requires disposing of the things you need to be able to make the trade in the first place :rage:

:nope: :argh:

The puzzly stuff in the first vault was kind of fun though :hmm:

13 May 2021 13:04 #34852 by Charlotte
well apparently you can double your inventory space by handing that elliphant 5 orbs? I didn't have 5 orbs by the time I stopped playing, though. Only 3 I think.

13 May 2021 13:07 #34853 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Yep, I already have the expanded inventory. You can expand it even further with 25 orbs (I have 5 more to go), but any inventory limit will always cause problems for a hoarder like me.