May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

08 Oct 2020 09:54 #31374 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I can't believe such a thing could happen in so polished and well a crafted game as this. :eek: :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2020 11:49 #31375 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

:dry: Maybe you should murder him instead of yourself...

I ran into him to try and barge him out. I threw every spell I had at him. I used the crossbow, swung my axe, stabbed with my sword. I even accidently put my sword away and tried to punch him but each time the pop-up text told me...
"You cannot attack this target."

That's probably my least favourite thing about the game, when all freedom and immersion is destroyed by some floating text saying, "You cannot do that right now."
Or when you go off exploring only to be told, "You've reached the edge of the world." :blink: No I haven't. I can clearly see a distant landscape!
Then the game literally turns you around a points you where it wants you to go.

But enough gripes. :)
I died, reloaded and we "ran" on to fight against an impressive looking fiend that was rather tough to defeat despite our numbers. Now I think I have to go and find Gollum little Johnny again.

08 Oct 2020 11:57 #31376 by Banj

Then the game literally turns you around a points you where it wants you to go.

That thing is incredibly annoying when you are trying to turn around and go back into the map but the game then continuously flips you around so you end up going back toward the edge of the map which triggers the message and delayed turnaround.

08 Oct 2020 12:07 #31377 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm guessing this is how Flat-Earthers believe it works in real life... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Oct 2020 12:32 #31378 by Banj
Better than just falling off the edge.

08 Oct 2020 13:03 #31379 by Charlotte
Indeed. And it would explain why nobody ever have....

08 Oct 2020 19:56 #31382 by Valence
Epic seems to be giving away ABZU again. :huh:
It's been in my library since the first time they offered it and I still haven't played it. :dry:

I was initially excited by that Vietnam war shooter that they're also giving away but on further inspection it seems to be another of those multiplayer only games. :pout:

09 Oct 2020 18:59 #31396 by Valence
I went back to Drayo's Cove in Ark, this time flying on my Pteranodon and armed with all my weapons. Gonna get that Sarco. :evil:
I started off scouting a position on the beach to take aim across the water but there was one of those big-headed Tapejaras circling overhead and I'm not sure if they're angry attacky things so I retreated to a small rock further back.
I settled down and had a looky-loo through my scope and saw the Sarco in the distance but it was hard to aim through all the foliage at ground level. Still might be worth taking a shot. :hmm:
I was just about to click to fire when an extreme close-up of a Bronto's tail appeared in my scope! :ohmy:
Don't shoot that! :argh:

Nope. Forget this position, find a better sniper spot.
So I flapped my way back to that place with the nice view from my previous screenies. It's a tad more dangerous being close to the dense trees where that maybe-an-Allosaur was but there was nothing there now and I'd cleared the Ants last time so I think I'll be OK.

I shuffled to the edge of the cliff, looked through the rifle scope and there was Mr Sarky Sarco, nice and clear in my sights.

BANG!

And here he comes running.
Too bad, Mr Sarky, I'm miles away. You're no Alpha Raptor, you'll never get here in time.
BANG!

He's still coming, scuttling under the numerous Brontos, wait a moment, and there he is again all bloodied.

BANG!

And dead. :)
And there in my scope... I see a Raptor pop out from behind a rock to scavenge the Sarco's corpse.
A lone Raptor! Tameable. :woohoo:

All the Brontos and the Stegos start getting a bit startled by the munching Raptor so I'd better prepare.
On my Pteranodon, I fly him back to the safety of my raft. I store my rifle, switch to my cheap armour and grab my bolas, then I'm sprinting back.
Kill a wild Dodo on the way to get some meat for taming. I'm swinging those bolas ready to aim as I sneak through the trees, past a weird armadillo thing that I've never seen before, past some Stegos.

Here, Raptor, Raptor. Come on now. Where are you?
Past some rocks, through more trees, down the slope and...

Dead Raptor.
The startled Brontos killed it while I was gone. :angry:

Better luck next time. :eyeroll:

09 Oct 2020 19:44 #31399 by Charlotte
Go Brontos! The best raptors are dead raptors! :pirate:

me, I played some No Man's Sky. It didn't load where I had saved last so I had to redo some stuff.... I gathered more resources for base building which again were not nearly enough and I found that my planned staircase layout wouldn't work due to how different parts fit together. as usual... I also found myself short on materials not found in my current system and I didn't feel like jumping so, I saved and closed. Then I remembered that last time I played I had logged out to mode select rather than to desktop, and nvidia had done an update which crashed nms. I guess that explains the older save...

Also halloween events abound in Aywas but I haven't given it much time.... I'm gonna get way too few bootatoes again, this year... :dry:

09 Oct 2020 19:47 #31400 by Valence

Go Brontos! The best raptors are dead raptors! :pirate:

Except for the one that I eventually tame! :stare:

I also sneaked further into that cave until it started to get a bit hot with all that glowy lava.
Apparently there are bats and scorpions and spiders further in there but I just chickened out after I grabbed 130+ crystal. :brb: