April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

04 Oct 2020 07:16 - 04 Oct 2020 07:29 #31331 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Glowy stuff.... Flying shrooms.... I think I found home... :cry:

And this is probably because I gave up and built a small base on a fairly decent planet, in case I'd give up on finding something nicer.

EDIT: The "grass" is brownish in the day time but I guess I can live with that. And I never saw a cargo drop like this before... :dry:

EDIT2: Then again....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2020 13:47 #31332 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
The glowy stuff looks pretty cool. :cheer:
And you can see what you're doing at night. :thumbup:

And speaking of night glowing, I got a flare gun from a supply drop in Ark and tried it out for the first time.
Pretty firework glow! :excited:
Lit up the whole beach for a few minutes. Shame they only have one "shot". :dry:

05 Oct 2020 09:38 #31337 by Charlotte
So, I finally found a nice planet and started building. I had some issues that seemed to be due to my "base graphic settings" so I changed those and kept building until I ran out of material. I wanted something tall and fancy, and ended up with.... a box. A very large box.

So for inspiration I looked at other player bases online. Some are cool, most are nothing special... I decided to go back and visit the base in my previous game (from one year ago). The one that was loosely inspired by Hogwarts.... And... The base is still there but the planet changed :eek:

The lovely green grass is now bright purple. The fauna has been exchanged. There are bubbles everywhere, even inside the buildings! And there was something like an earthquake or something while I was walking around. Or maybe I had one of those exploding plants right under the floor... Anyway it was noisy and the whole place shook... It's a little sad to think I can spend a week looking for a nice planet to build a base and then.... it changes....

And I'm still not decided whether I should stick with my box or dismantle and rebuild the whole thing. In a way, I don't mind the "brutalism" of the box, but.... maybe in another place. I chose this planet because it was all nice and pretty and colourful - seems a shame not to build something nice and pretty and colourful, too...

Old base (at night, unfortunately, so it's hard to tell the grass is green....)

View from the old base, today....

I could have sworn I took a screenie of the new, unfinished base, yesterday but it seems not.

Attachments:

05 Oct 2020 11:51 #31338 by Valence
The planet changed? :ohmy:

Bring back the old planet! :shakefist:
Did you accidently do some terraforming when you left? :lol:

05 Oct 2020 12:07 - 05 Oct 2020 13:57 #31340 by Charlotte
I believe it's an update thing. They've added some new stuff, like the "bubbling" planets. So I guess what they did was to change existing planets instead of adding more...

EDIT: I am now in a creative mode session, trying out various ways to put a base together... and the fauna on this planet is.... weird.
Sid, is that you?

Attachments:

05 Oct 2020 18:07 #31353 by Charlotte
Sid kept popping up out of the ground closer and closer to where I was playing building constructor.

But in spite of spending a large part of today trying things out, looking for inspiration online and sketching on paper, I still have no idea what I want to do with my base. Except not keep the box which has now been entirely dismantled.

05 Oct 2020 20:20 #31354 by Charlotte
oh POO.
I got stuck some sort of sideways inside a space station and can't move, exit my ship or anything. And last autosave was half an hour ago :(
The game autosaves when you exit the plane... So I've been base building, and then going into space, defeating some pirates and collecting resources and now I'm stuck. Very tempted to use the F word. :stare:

05 Oct 2020 20:25 #31355 by Valence
At least Sid looks friendly enough. Better than a glowing Raptor. :dry:

I've just got to "the Trevor bit" in GTA V and had to spend far too long trying to kill a biker gang. Faaar too long. :facepalm:

05 Oct 2020 20:32 #31356 by Valence

oh POO.
Very tempted to use the F word. :stare:

FPOO! :whistle:

05 Oct 2020 20:35 #31357 by Charlotte
:D