April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

06 Oct 2020 11:20 #31359 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I am growing something. :stare:

I have taken up the new hobby of collecting POO and piling it on the plot. Still not sure how the watering works. I don't really want a system of pipes yet and I assumed that you'd be able to water it manually but I can't find an option for it. But despite not doing anything like that it says the plot does currently have water and as you can see... the plant is growing.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2020 11:50 #31360 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It will be watered if it rains. And I think it might be possible to put a water skin in it's inventory?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Oct 2020 02:16 - 07 Oct 2020 02:17 #31361 by Valence
I decided to be a little bit adventurous and brave in Ark today, so instead of pootling around on my safe island I went to have a little wander around Drayo's Cove on foot...

Hmm. I think there's a Sarco down there and the Therizinosaurs are far away on the opposite side. But I wasn't interested in them. No, I was climbing up the hill to those ruins where I thought I saw an Allosaur the other day. I was fully prepared to die and had planned for it by leaving all my valuables in the raft. I just had my basic armour and an axe and set off to see what I could find.
I finally managed to encounter those ants in a place where I could fight them and successfully smashed them to bits with that axe. Then I got up to those ruins and found the explorer note. It was in an urn and was an olde fashioned scroll! I don't recall seeing one of those before! (If I have I've obviously forgotten about it. :cheer:)

I carried on but couldn't find any Allosaur or T-Rex or whatever it was. Oh well, never mind. I ended up walking right over the hill down onto the eastern beach area and in the distance by some rocks I saw something strutting around waving its tail. A Raptor? Alone?
Perfect for taming! :woohoo:

So I sprinted all the way around the beach back to my raft to get all my weapons, armour, my bolas and some meat, and then flew back on my Pteranodon for a closer inspection and... It was just a Dilophosaur that was a bit bigger than usual. :eyeroll:

So I went back to my island in a sulk. :(
And back at my little farm it seems like my Dodos had been "at it" again even though I've turned off mating. So I've hatched another one. Is that six now? :hmm: I'm losing count. At least this one's a male.
I was still in the mood for a bit of taming so I had a go with one of the local Phiomias seeing as the supply drop gave me another saddle recently.
It doesn't take long to tame them either, just a few berries and you're done in a couple of minutes. I now have another ride called Miss Piggy...

They don't seem to do very much though. :dry:
Couldn't get it to harvest berries so it seems it's only good for wood/thatch.

At least my plant is continuing to grow...

Attachments:

07 Oct 2020 09:12 #31362 by Charlotte
I'm thinking "mating" only refers to whether they get little hearts over their heads? Or maybe you forgot the settings on just one of them, and that's enough? (Actually, two of them should be required, at least in the real world...)

Nice view on that walk of yours. :)

I'm still base building in NMS but I keep running out of materials. It still bothers me that they've made a bunch of separate sets of building components that really don't fit/snap together.

07 Oct 2020 11:56 #31363 by Valence
Yes, I keep seeing the hearts but I'm pretty sure I disabled mating. Maybe I just missed one of them, it's hard to check when there's six of them scuttling around your ankles. :)
I checked the wiki today to try and find a use for a tamed Phiomia and it seems the only thing they do is.... POO!

I guess I'll park it next to my plot and aim its backside towards the plant. :lol:

07 Oct 2020 12:02 #31364 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Yes, I keep seeing the hearts but I'm pretty sure I disabled mating.

:confident:
Attachments:

07 Oct 2020 12:36 #31365 by Charlotte
:aha:

07 Oct 2020 19:47 - 07 Oct 2020 19:48 #31368 by Valence
I'm being a sneaky sneak in Oblivion again. :paranoid:

Like a shadowy ghost in the ...erm.. shadows. :dry:

Apparently a guy is being followed by a woman so he's asked me to follow the follower. :stare:

First I tracked her to a temple...

Yes, don't stare straight at me. I'm sneaking!
Then she went off to do some sinister... farming?!

Then I lost her for a bit.
Where is she? What's she up to?
There she is! I've caught her red-handed. She's... just eating her lunch.

Ah, but where's she going now?
She's going home to....
Work a bit more.

I'm beginning to think that this guy was lying to me and I've just been wasting a whole day following an innocent woman. :hmm:
Lots of people warned me that he was a paranoid weirdo. Perhaps I should have listened to them. :facepalm:

But you never know. If I keep crouching here something might happen. Maybe.
Attachments:

08 Oct 2020 01:47 - 08 Oct 2020 01:49 #31371 by Valence
Time for a bit of Witcher 3 and there's nothing I like more that a little jog through the countryside with six other people who move faster than your walk but not as fast as your run. :eyeroll:

So it was that lovely trick of run, wait, run, wait, walk, sprint to catch up, run and wait again.
And then the Baron got stuck between two trees to ruin the quest completely. I couldn't even Aard him out of the way.

:rage:
I guess I'll just have to commit suicide and reload the last save. :dry:
Attachments:

08 Oct 2020 09:21 #31372 by Charlotte
:dry: Maybe you should murder him instead of yourself...