April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

21 Jun 2020 16:30 - 21 Jun 2020 16:37 #29751 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
You have a party hat? You sure you're not confusing yourself with one of the dodos?

As for equipping and unequipping I find the quick slots work well enough. If I make several walls, I put them in a quick slot and then just use # to place them. I still have to click the number for every one but at least I don't have to go through my inventory first...

Vanishing stuff... :hmm: you must've got the magic version of the game... :dry:

EDIT: As for temps yeah they're annoying. But as long as you only see a snow flake rather than an ice cube, it won't do you much harm. Same with the spark vs fire, for when you're too hot.

It seems it's always hotter in the forest than on the beach, so how that's supposed to work with leather clothing (better armor) which also makes you warmer, I don't know. Yet.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jun 2020 17:21 - 21 Jun 2020 17:23 #29752 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

You have a party hat? You sure you're not confusing yourself with one of the dodos?

Kill party hat Dodo, use cake slices in cooking pot thing (which seem to keep appearing in my inventory randomly). the cake slices give you skins for the torch and clothing.

EDIT - And that's exactly what I have been doing for the building, but it shouldn't be necessary to keep hitting the button to place another item each time.

21 Jun 2020 17:32 #29753 by Charlotte
ok... well... you make holding a finger over a number key sound terribly difficult :P

21 Jun 2020 17:37 #29754 by Banj
It's poor interface design, just like the bad design in the interaction with various objects. One item pressing e opens the inventory, another pressing e puts the fire out, it isn't even consistent when you hold e to open the radial menu. One item opening the inventory is pushing up, others push sideways.

21 Jun 2020 17:39 - 21 Jun 2020 17:40 #29755 by Charlotte
oh dear.... those flying ants just made me run over a cliff face and kill myself...

EDIT: I guess they thought.... one button for everything? Almost everything. But I guess I have to admit that there are not so good things about the game :P I still enjoy it, though.

21 Jun 2020 18:18 #29756 by Banj
I am now trapped in my own home because Patricia the Parasaur is stood in the doorway :stare:

21 Jun 2020 18:22 - 21 Jun 2020 18:23 #29757 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I don't mind the interface. :dry:
I may have also accidently put a fire out more than once but I feel much more comfortable with this than I do with other MMOs and their cluttered overlapping information. There are still aspects of Guild Wars that baffle me about where I'm supposed to click and Black Desert was a pretty mess of confusion to me.

Can't say anything about the building because I still haven't got that far. :P
But I too am enjoying it. The threat of losing stuff does make me very nervous (something I've never felt before when playing a game) but there is a satisfying sense of achievement when you succeed at something.

21 Jun 2020 18:37 #29758 by Banj
... Never mind, Patricia is now dead after she tried to break up a fight between some other beasties. Guess I wont be needing to learn how to craft that saddle now :eyeroll:

21 Jun 2020 19:01 #29759 by Charlotte
Otherwise you could have always tried to pick her up. I have to lift the dodos out of the way sometimes :P

I rather wish I had a parasaur but... That saddle requires another heap of hides and I'm not really comfortable with all the killing required.... Maybe I should tame a carnie instead...

21 Jun 2020 19:20 #29760 by Banj
She has been replaced.

Attachments: