April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

18 Mar 2020 20:14 #28301 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
You can just log straight back in though. :)

But I never do that full day gaming thing anyways. Three hours is usually the max for me so I'm definitely not addicted. :nope:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2020 20:49 #28304 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, I can't say 3 hours is the max 'cause I probably did more than that today, but I did take a break to eat and watch Netflix :P

Also, I seem to be in over my head. I jumped through a rift out of curiosity and ended up fighting a champion with less than a handful of others. I think I died several times, again. But we defeated the thingy and I was thrown back into the "real" world and ended up.... in an area my character had never been. (Also slightly higher than my level, so I quickly used a waypoint to get back to where I was before the rift side tracked me.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Mar 2020 21:01 - 19 Mar 2020 16:42 #28305 by Valence
Defeat that thingy! :pirate:

Yes, that "higher level area" thing happens a lot to me in Assassin's Creed Syndicate. You spend some part of the game on a train that constantly loops around all of London and if you jump off at the wrong time you can end up in some tricky places.
Thankfully I'm getting good at escaping with the grappling rope launcher. :)

19 Mar 2020 16:18 #28321 by Charlotte
Stoopid sharks. And Krait. :shakefist:

19 Mar 2020 21:24 #28331 by Valence
And all other fishies! :shakefist:

Anyway I've just grabbed those two Epic freebies and couldn't resist having a quick go on Watch Dogs. Well, I would have done if it had allowed me to link it to my Ubisoft account but it keeps giving me an error so I can't play it. :cry:

I don't understand why there's a problem cos I've linked to it before from both Steam and Epic to play other games I own. If it continues to mess me around I'll ask for my money back! :stare:

Oh, wait- It was free, wasn't it? :lol:

20 Mar 2020 01:56 #28332 by Valence
Yay, I eventually got it working. :)
I just had to switch to another browser to link the accounts. Not sure why Firefox wouldn't do it this time. :dunno:

But now I'm sneaking around and hacking and getting chased by the police. :evil:

...and obsessively sticking photos on a wall...

...aaaand sleeping. :zzz:
Attachments:

20 Mar 2020 11:51 #28333 by Charlotte
I think I linked Ubisoft and Epic recently. O was it Ubi and something else? I can't recall why I had to do it, but I figured it was a one time thing...

20 Mar 2020 12:36 #28336 by Valence
That will probably have been that Assassin's Creed game that took a decade to install. :)
It usually works first time so I don't know what happened with this one. But it works now so I no longer care. :P

Meanwhile on Steam I've had a few coins saved that I've been intending to spend on a big recent game to play on GFN. I have obviously had my eye on Witcher 3 as I patiently wait for it to be on sale again but yesterday I noticed a big discount on Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.
:hmm: I'm tempted to go for that now, but I just know that the other one will get discounted too just AFTER I start spending. Perhaps I should just wait and make a decision at the very last moment. :)

20 Mar 2020 12:56 #28338 by Charlotte
oooh right, I didn't try that yet. (Obviously, I even forgot I had it :D Good thing you remembered!)

Witcher 3 seems to be on sale every few weeks, but still pricier than I care for - especially after banj's reviews of it.

Meanwhile I apparently have a pile of gems in GW2 so I'm tempted to get a mount. But I'm too scroogy to spend ALL my gems on one specific mount, which means spending 1/3 of them on a random one. And chances are I won't get one I like... Also... with 13 characters on there, I should eventually get 13 mounts :dry: There are gliders too, and I don't think I have any of those either. Just skins (appearances) but not the actual items... I probably need to look into this a bit more.

GW2 has a confusing skins system. You get an item that you can use to make another item look different, but when you get that item you also unlock the skin in your wardrobe, so you can apply that look to other items as well, which makes me wonder what the point is of an item that takes up backpack space? Then again I guess it means the first use is free.... (later uses requiring transmutation charges).

20 Mar 2020 14:30 #28340 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Witcher 3 seems to be on sale every few weeks, but still pricier than I care for - especially after banj's reviews of it.

Don't let me put you off getting it at some point, it's still an entertaining game, just not worthy of some of the hype it receives.