April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Mar 2020 10:39 - 25 Mar 2020 10:41 #28438 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I think you can rotate your camera using r and e... or q? uhm... I'm sure you can find key bindings somewhere. I rather like using the mouse for steering as it makes for smoother movement than if I use the wasd keys :P

You just need to click once to attack, but if there are multiple targets you might want to select one first (with the first click or with Tab). I think attacks are on auto by default so once you've started attacking you'll keep it up (the same attack) until the fight is over. But I prefer to disable auto attack and use the number keys.

Do you know if you're on the European server or if that Geforcething cloud is it's own? Could be fun to meet up if you keep playing.

Edit: and I looked at that Stanley Parable just before coming here. But I skipped it since I had a feeling if would just make me frustrated. I was already frustrated by the description! And Watch Dogs was too big for me to download.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2020 12:48 #28440 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Oh, I like using the mouse for the camera too, I'm just not used to having to click as well to do it. I think left button rotates around the character while right button rotates the camera AND the character. (Or is it the other way round? :lol:) I'll get used to it soon enough. In a way it's a bit like Witcher 1 in the way that it has some point-and-click elements, particularly the archery aiming/shooting.

If I remember rightly I think I'm on one of the French servers, it didn't ask me last night so I only had to pick one the first time it launched. But you'd have to stay up late to catch me. :)
I can only play GeforceNow games after 1AM. The free accounts have very loooong queues at "normal" times, even more so at the moment with everyone staying home. :dry:

25 Mar 2020 12:57 #28441 by Charlotte
oh dear... that'd be 2 am for me... :P

As far as I know there should only be a european and an american server now - they merged the others several years ago. But maybe geforenow is different...

25 Mar 2020 14:49 #28449 by Valence
I don't think it's a GFN thing, but I'm not an expert on these things. :dumb:
I was a bit surprised I didn't have to pick one last night cos Black Desert makes me choose every time even though their servers are merged too, but on that first launch GW2 did give me a very long list of possible servers and France seemed closest so... :shrug:
I'll try and check somehow the next time I play.

25 Mar 2020 14:57 #28451 by Charlotte
it might still have you choose a server when registering, even if the gameplay takes place on only 2 different servers, I guess... I can't recall anything about countries though - I think my server was Whiteside Ridge or some such...

25 Mar 2020 20:05 #28456 by Valence
Yeah, my server had a funny name that I can't remember but it did have [Fr] next to it which I deduced as being France. :confident:
And my Geforce server is in London so I've been travelling all over the place despite the quarantine. :lol:

25 Mar 2020 20:11 #28457 by Valence
...but this is what it looks like during normal hours...

That's worse than the wait for your phonecall! :)
Attachments:

25 Mar 2020 20:17 #28458 by Charlotte
indeed, 307 more people in line!

25 Mar 2020 20:37 - 25 Mar 2020 20:37 #28459 by Charlotte
Well this was fun.
*tried playing Assassins Creed*

First nothing happened. Then nothing happened. Then nothing happened. Then I got a login box with a logo over the input fields so I could not see what I was writing. Then I got a login box without a logo covering it. Then I got a password error. Three times. Used the forgot password link and reset the password. Tried logging in again. Nope, password error. :argh:

edit: and now I have a tummy ache :pout:

25 Mar 2020 20:43 #28460 by Valence
Do you have the Uplay Launcher or are you running it from Epic?