April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Mar 2020 20:45 #28461 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well I tried from Epic and nothing happened except it apparently put the Ubisoft thingy on my desktop (without asking :shakefist:)

When trying to use the Uplay launcher thingy it keeps claiming I get the password wrong. Or username - but that's my email and sending a password reset page worked fine, so...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2020 21:06 #28462 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Were you trying to log in from the browser or from the launcher?

I had trouble linking Watch Dogs the other day because of the browser and had to switch to using Microsoft's Edge. (I felt dirty after that. :lol:) So you could try logging in to Ubisoft's website with a different browser.
Also some people say that when you have login issues it might lock the account for an hour so maybe it'll work later? :unsure:

And after looking into this I've just found out that Child Of Light is free at the moment.

25 Mar 2020 21:17 #28463 by Charlotte
I'll try again some other day :)
(I didn't try the browser at all, just the little login window thingy in the middle of my screen...)

night night *sleepy*

25 Mar 2020 21:24 #28464 by Valence
:zzz:

26 Mar 2020 02:18 #28467 by Valence
Toggling the action camera in Guild Wars has now given me the camera controls that I feel more comfortable with. No more left/right clicky-hold. :thumbup:
And seeing as I was missing my stabby, bash attacks I tried with a new character and managed to make a Nord Thief that didn't look like an anime girl. It kinda looks a bit pirate-ish with a bandana style :pirate: and I was quite pleased with my creation until I started playing the game and immediately saw another player that looked exactly like mine! Hey, fancy meeting you here. :eyeroll:

I completed a few flimsy quests with my bashing knife and then did another one that turned me into a snow leopard! :blink:

And then the GFN one hour countdown booted me out. :lol:
And as I was saving/quitting I realised that the free GW account only has two character slots. :( Unless you unlock more as you play. So I'll have to delete one of these to try out the male warrior chap I wanted to make.
Couldn't find any info on the server so it's safe to assume I'm on the European one.
Attachments:

26 Mar 2020 08:55 #28468 by Charlotte
Only two!? *gasp*
My first character was a Norn Thief, but due to some choices I had made, she ended up getting a quest (at level 16) that I just could not get through. I kept leveling up and going back but since the game down-levels you when you do that, it didn't help. Later another character got the same quest (when I had reshuffled and remade them and I'm not even sure it's one I still have) and she just breezed through it like it was nothing... :dry:

26 Mar 2020 14:57 #28474 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Only two!? *gasp*
My first character was a Norn Thief

Stop stealing Norns :shakefist:

26 Mar 2020 15:11 #28477 by Valence
Seeing as I instantly encountered an identical character I think there are enough Norn thieves for everyone to steal. :dry:

26 Mar 2020 15:35 #28478 by Charlotte
:D
Well, I scrapped my thief and mine are currently Ranger, Guardian and Necromancer, if I recall correctly.
(Instead I have an Asuran and a human Thief)

I kind of aim at having one of each armor class in each race (cloth, leather, heavy), but Charr would look silly in some flimsy cloth, so instead I have an extra Sylvari. In heavy. :P (And next two characters I make, which I mustn't until my current characters have leveled up considerably, will probably be an asuran and a charr in heavy armor.)

27 Mar 2020 02:19 #28479 by Valence
Today I had a quick go on World War Z, which is one of the latest Epic freebies, and wasn't too impressed. Don't think it's really designed for single players. :shrug:

So I went back to my Ranger character in GW2. The forest area is much nicer than the place where my Nord clone was stabbing/bashing. It really does have that kind of Morrowind feel with all those big flowers...

and I've now found the controls to hide the interface for less cluttered screenshots.

Still don't know what most of those icons do but when I press "2" I can fire a flurry of arrows! Which is good. :)
Attachments: