April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

23 Mar 2020 21:09 #28411 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
(GW2) I'm sure you can just google a wikipedia for it ;)

(WD) Are you supposed to be a criminal? Maybe you need to... try a more permanent solution... so to speak?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2020 21:18 #28416 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'm not sure if I'm a good guy or bad guy. Perhaps you can go either way. :evil:
I know I'm definitely a hacker and part-time vigilante. I've even stopped a couple of low-level crimes.
I suspect I wasn't supposed to take this side quest yet but you can't go back to previous saves so... :shrug:

24 Mar 2020 14:46 - 24 Mar 2020 14:47 #28422 by Valence
Finally managed to escape the police! Superb driving skills? Excellent cornering? Tactical planning of the necessary route?
Nope. I just hid in a car park and waited. :lol:
After that stolen car naughtiness I tried to swing my reputation towards being a good guy again by stopping some more crimes but botched it up with some terribly ineffective sneaking.
So I forgot about that and went to a kid's birthday party instead! And like all good childrens' parties there were toys and balloons and a crazed stalker! :dry:
So I chased him down and beat him to the point of death. As you do.

Elsewhere I managed to get to the character creation bit in Guild Wars 2. I suspect I may be playing with faces a little while longer before finally committing to one that will just look like my characters in every other game. :)

24 Mar 2020 15:26 #28424 by Charlotte
Girl with pink hair?

24 Mar 2020 16:07 #28425 by Valence
I was thinking of having a pair of characters with one male warrior type along with a sinister female thief.
I really struggled to get the male to look anything other than the boring bulky barbarian, so I went back and tried the human female thief and, sure enough, I did end up with that anime girl from Black Desert again! :eyeroll:
That was when I quit. :lol:

I just need to be more patient with all the settings, I'm sure I'll work it out in the end.

24 Mar 2020 16:15 - 24 Mar 2020 16:17 #28426 by Charlotte
If you're going for human, there are some slim builds for the male too. If, on the other hand, you were trying out the norn, I'm afraid all of the males look like piles of melting lard... With muscles.

Edit: in most games I've created both male and female characters but I've always cared most for playing the females and since one has to buy extra character slots in GW2, I decided long ago to only make female characters. But I have played around with the male looks, while creating new ones.

24 Mar 2020 16:56 #28428 by Valence
Yeah, I usually pick female characters if I can. There are far too many beardy barbarians and bald space marines as it is and the dynamics of those stories become a bit more interesting if the main character is female. But that ubiquitous anime girl is starting to annoy me just as much.

There was one of those cat things I liked the look of too, although I couldn't tell if it was male or female. :oops: The design seemed a little more imaginative than Skyrim's Khajiit.

24 Mar 2020 17:03 #28429 by Charlotte
the charr males have some different hair options I believe, but those and the asura don't have any major gender differences. I think maybe male asura have bigger ears... :dry:

Also never mind the first outfit and colour choices in the creation tool. I mean, you can play with it but you'll fairly promptly wear other stuff anyway and new dyes can be awarded for quests, or bought in game...

I did a family photo thing of my characters...

Attachments:

24 Mar 2020 21:11 #28435 by Valence
Looks like an illegal gathering of more than two people. :confident:
:lol:

I've just tried The Stanley Parable and it's bizarre, clever, funny, brilliant, infuriating and probably too short. Or maybe not. :dry:

25 Mar 2020 03:15 #28436 by Valence
Woohoo, I'm Guild Warring!

I went for one of those Ranger tree-type people and got a big cat pet too.
But I only have a bow so I can't do my usual Big Bash attacks that I'm fond of in most games. :)
I may go back and try a different character (or not) but I wanted to have a bit of a play and managed to kill some termite things.
Not a fan of having to click-hold the mouse button to move the camera. :nope:
That'll take a bit of getting used to. And I can't work out if I have to just click once or double-click to attack?
I'm just button bashing until I understand better. :lol:
Attachments: