April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

05 Feb 2022 22:44 #39456 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
...and I am now watching The Last Duel. :aha:

Oh, look. Matt Damon with a medieval mullet. :lol:
Hey, wait a minute- Was that Ben Affleck in the background?? :paranoid:
I hope he isn't in it too much. :pout:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2022 23:47 #39457 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with that Movie, and yep, Ben was in it as well. (Aggravating to watch too, not being a fan of his.) I didn't find either of them to fit their roles either. Sad loss of time...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Feb 2022 12:47 #39462 by Valence
Well it was certainly long, and probably felt longer than it was due to the repetition. All the "proper" actors were good (especially Adam Driver) but poor Matt was forever overshadowed by his hair and Ben Affleck was just ridiculous as usual.
I don't know what Ben Affleck is like in real life but I know what he ISN'T like. He clearly isn't like any of the characters he tries to play because he's so unconvincing in every single role. :lol:

06 Feb 2022 13:38 #39464 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Yep, that he definitely excels in. lol I actually skip most movies/shows that I see he's in. Just can't stomach it.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Feb 2022 13:47 #39465 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
*can't remember actually watching anything with him in it, ever, so can't join in the bashing*
I feel left out :(
What about John Malkovich? He has a tendency to over act to the extreme... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Feb 2022 14:44 #39466 by Valence
Malkovich is an odd one. I think he's a bit limited and suited to strange and eccentric characters but he does have a great screen presence and a charisma that allows him to get away with those limitations. I rather liked his weird version of Poirot, much better than Branagh's silly moustache. :)

You've surely seen wooden Ben as Batman in those recent DC films but however bad you think those are they're not his worst efforts. :dry:

06 Feb 2022 14:57 #39469 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Have I? Not sure I did actually... Or if I did he wasn't very memorable... I think the last Batman film I saw was the one where he fights with Superman... Can't recall who the actor was.

And yes Malkovich is odd that way - he does have something that makes him watchable anyway. And it's not looks. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Feb 2022 15:00 #39470 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Have I? Not sure I did actually... Or if I did he wasn't very memorable... I think the last Batman film I saw was the one where he fights with Superman... Can't recall who the actor was.

That would be him. Where Nothing-Like-Batman fights Nothing-Like-Superman 

06 Feb 2022 15:06 #39473 by Valence

Yep, that was him. :aha:
But I think his all-time worst role was in The Accountant where he tried to be an autistic, gun-waving, action hero... accountant. :blink:

06 Feb 2022 15:14 #39474 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Autism: Hollywood's favourite superpower.