May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

31 Jan 2022 18:59 #39311 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Hmph, they don't want us to watch it anymore. But I can describe it very accurately:

Part of a mech in view. Lots of kablooey. Narrator's voice. Some shiny blue lights... More kablooey and lots of running mechs. Ugly face. More kablooey.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2022 19:12 #39314 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Sounds wonderful, but I wont be seeing it anyway. Oogly fess is presumably some kind of alien?   

31 Jan 2022 19:15 #39315 by Charlotte
Presumably.

31 Jan 2022 22:36 #39324 by Charlotte
Now watching a British Crime show (gee what else isn't new?) called Marcella. I'm a little confused so far as to whether the cop is also a killer or not. And so is she, I think. And as usual, nobody's acting like I would in the same circumstance and they perpetuate the myth that you have to wait 24 hours before you can investigate a missing person.

01 Feb 2022 00:32 #39328 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

This video is not available in your country 

:eyeroll:
CBS just love to stop people watching their trailers then they wonder why no one is interested in their shows. :facepalm:
If Charlotte's script didn't explain enough I'll add that it was a bit like that cooking show Masterchef, but with an extra letter. :giggle:

Meanwhile I am now finishing my Amazon thing by also finishing The Man In The High Castle. 

01 Feb 2022 03:01 - 01 Feb 2022 03:04 #39330 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Charlotte, I actually enjoyed 'Marcella'. Even watched it again about a year or so later... though I wasn't as happy with the last season. No spoilers of course, just didn't have the same feel. But wasn't bad I guess.

I was going to ask how you liked 'Black Spot' being I've only seen the first 5 minutes or so? ... But I did go back and watch the two seasons of 'The Mandalorian'. I had watched the first season, but decided to rewatch it, just to get back into it, before watching the second season. Though I did find the last portion a bid odd, strange, crazy... take your pick. :)

Now wondering what to watch. I have so many queued up on Netflix and others, but decided not to jump into watching the Boba Fett series just yet. Been looking at a few for so long, not sure what's kept me from jumping in on one? Maybe finding too many un-known series I've ended up liking, I'm still preferring to seek those out.

Right now thinking about another newbie, called 'Feria: The Darkest Light'. I think it's Spanish?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 Feb 2022 05:50 #39331 by Charlotte
I noticed Feria yesterday and I think it's in Spanish too, but I didn't end up watching it (but Marcella, as you already know).

I did like Black Spot and kind of find myself missing it, although that's not unusual for me when I've been spending a lot of time watching or reading something. There were a few "odd" bits, and the main character is stubborn to a fault which gets a bit annoying. And it's like some people are in a drama and others (Siriani) is in a comedy, somehow, but I kind of like the odd mix.

Halo = Masterchref. Maesterchef. Marsterchef. Maybe Val meant extra lettuce? :dumb:

01 Feb 2022 12:38 #39337 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

If Charlotte's script didn't explain enough I'll add that it was a bit like that cooking show Masterchef, but with an extra letter. :giggle:

Ah, in that case I think I saw the thumbnail on Youtube and didn't look much further.

02 Feb 2022 00:33 - 02 Feb 2022 00:34 #39373 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Well, the series 'Feria' is about done. Just one more episode, which I will watch as soon as my night meeting is done here shortly. ... But overall, not really my type of flick TBH, so it's a bit weird and pretty much more of a one-and-done show.

No spoilers, but there is a lil' Kitty in it that's kind-of cool. Thought Charlotte might like, since she's a, um, Cat-Person. (Thought that sounded better than saying Cat-Lady, since most seem to picture that as the very old lady that has like 40 to 400 kitties.) 

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Feb 2022 02:19 #39374 by Charlotte
There's a cutesy but slightly creepy cat like critter in the trailer... which pretty much convinced me I should see it sometime. Perhaps after Marcella. Which I find confusing. I feel like every other character is a criminal and I can't keep track of everyone or keep some of them apart....

And I think I'm going to watch an episode now. After too little sleep last night I went to bed really early, but I was still only allowed a couple of hours before my little marauder got started again... :dry: