May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

06 Feb 2022 16:49 #39477 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I thought it was asthma. :dumb: Or diabetes. Wait, those two are for the victims to be even more victimized. Right... :dry: Ok, so from that film, anyway, I mainly remember the Zuckerberg/Eisenhower guy. :dumb: He wasn't really the Lex Luthor of.... my imagination...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Feb 2022 17:02 #39478 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
It would hard to do, considering just how many flicks he's actually made, but easier if one was purposely avoiding his movies... which seems to follow just a few. :)

I'm still watching a lot of the Olympics presently, but did throw in a couple seasons of 'Black Mirror' over the past couple days. ... I had watched the first episode a year or so ago? But actually watched the first two seasons now, and just one episode of season 3. But there is only 3 episodes in S1, and 4 in S2, so it seems like they were adding more each time as they went, since S3 appears to have 6 I believe? - But there are some crazy ass stories in there so far, and mostly to do with futuristic natures with nutty technologies. (But entertaining thus far)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Feb 2022 17:10 #39480 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

a couple seasons of 'Black Mirror' over the past couple days. ... I had watched the first episode a year or so ago? But actually watched the first two seasons now, and just one episode of season 3. But there is only 3 episodes in S1, and 4 in S2, so it seems like they were adding more each time as they went, since S3 appears to have 6 I believe? 

The first two seasons were produced by Channel 4 in the UK, after that it was produced by Netflix, so probably had a larger budget for additional episodes. There is also a distinct tonal change between the bleak Channel 4 stuff and the later Netflix stuff.

06 Feb 2022 23:44 #39484 by Charlotte
I finished Feria - the darkest light. A little undecided... The main character is a teenage girl which in itself is annoying. She has tantrums and can't make up her mind and keeps doing stupid things, deciding not to do more stupid things and then doing those other things too. Very annoying. I did enjoy the creepy critters, though. And the overall ominous mood. Then again, there were lots of people who knew more than they were saying, as usual, and seriously, sometimes I wish they'd just stop fussing and TELL THINGS. So there. Yes, I am divided. :stare:

07 Feb 2022 00:52 #39485 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
If everyone told all the things they knew then shows would be much shorter. :aha:

I'm currently watching season three of The Killing (the American version.) I watched the first two when it was first shown but the others never made it onto my TV so it's good to finally get to watch them.

07 Feb 2022 03:25 #39488 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park

a couple seasons of 'Black Mirror' over the past couple days. ... I had watched the first episode a year or so ago? But actually watched the first two seasons now, and just one episode of season 3. But there is only 3 episodes in S1, and 4 in S2, so it seems like they were adding more each time as they went, since S3 appears to have 6 I believe? 

The first two seasons were produced by Channel 4 in the UK, after that it was produced by Netflix, so probably had a larger budget for additional episodes. There is also a distinct tonal change between the bleak Channel 4 stuff and the later Netflix stuff.

Yeah, I gave it a break over the weekend, but plan to check some more out this week. But what's strange, is how Netflix has them listed. Which is backwards compared to everything else I've seen. Season 5 on top and nothing labeled, so you have to look them up if you want to watch them in order. I know that's not needed, but it's strange it's the only show they've done this with as far as I can tell? ... Seems they went to 6 episodes for Season 3 and 4, and back down to 3 for season 5.   I'll just try to enjoy them for what's there.

@Charlotte, yeah, the young one got on my nerves as well. I was cheering for the creepy critters, truth be told. 

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

08 Feb 2022 00:55 #39502 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
On to episode five now and The Book Of Boba Fett has completely forgotten about Boba Fett and has instantly become so much better.
This is the way! :woohoo:

08 Feb 2022 09:35 #39504 by Banj
I've never really understood why Boba Fett is such a big deal, he only had about two or three minutes of screen time originally (and that's across two films), and he didn't really do much in that time apart from get eaten.

08 Feb 2022 10:19 #39506 by Charlotte
First time I saw Star Wars I was still too young to quite distinguish between Swedish and English so I was wondering what this boba fat was... Took me a while to understand that his name was Fett... :dumb:

I also had an issue with the band Kiss. I liked their music but why would a bunch of tough guys name their band "Wee"?

Luckily my English is somewhat better, these days. :giggle:

08 Feb 2022 10:27 #39507 by Banj

First time I saw Star Wars I was still too young to quite distinguish between Swedish and English so I was wondering what this boba fat was... 

You successfully managed to predict the Book of Boba Fett series.