April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

13 Oct 2021 09:20 #37218 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
If I remember correctly I watched 2 out of 3 epipsodes or something like that... It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly interesting either... Assuming I remember the correct series. Wasn't it the one I described as "a village of only women after all the men had died in a mining accident, but that still managed to be mainly about male characters", or something like that?

I watched "Agatha Christie's Crooked House" yesterday. Wasn't bad but it felt like it was the "same old characters" and it wasn't very engaging. The ending wasn't quite what I expected, though, so there is that.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Oct 2021 11:31 - 13 Oct 2021 11:33 #37221 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yes, that seems to be the one. :)
I enjoyed the first episode and will go back for more. The only issue so far is that Jeff Daniels is just not scary or intimidating enough to play the bad guy.
They're quite long episodes too at over an hour, which makes for a change of pace from the 40 minute shows that encourage binge-watching, but I don't mind that.

13 Oct 2021 16:52 #37236 by Charlotte
I started watching The Innocents today. First episode felt rather long and slow... some characters speak Norwegian but whenever they do I'm taken by surprise and can't catch what they're saying. They might as well speak Chinese.... Good thing there are subtitles...

13 Oct 2021 21:16 #37246 by Charlotte
While googling something relating to the Innocents I found out two things. The season ends with a cliff hanger and the show has been cancelled so there is no season two. Not sure there's much point to keep watching it? And apparently Guy Pierce is playing a Norwegian in the show. But his Norwegian isn't very convincing. At least I thought he was meant to speak it with an accent.... but maybe I'm just too bad at Norwegian myself, to really tell...

Oh well. The next season of Another Life starts tomorrow (or some other show starting with an A :dumb: or was it just something sci-fi? :dumb: :dumb:)

14 Oct 2021 20:52 - 14 Oct 2021 20:52 #37276 by Charlotte
I'm already half way through the new season of Another Life :dry:
Butu the other half will have to wait until tomorrow. I have a bit of a headache so I'm gonna try to be in bed before midnight! :ohmy:

14 Oct 2021 21:38 #37278 by Valence
I do have that on my list and may get to it after I finish the cowboy thing. :aha:

15 Oct 2021 22:18 #37290 by Charlotte
Well, that was Another Life. Now what am I going to watch? :cry:

15 Oct 2021 22:54 #37292 by Valence
Well everybody's talking about Squid Game. :shrug:
But not me. Yet. :dry:

16 Oct 2021 09:58 #37293 by Charlotte
I saw a teaser from it and .... I dunno why everyone's talking about it. It seems yet another "people join into cruel and lethal games for other people's (read psychopaths) entertainment". I might have got it wrong, of course. I just felt I had absolutely no inclination to watch it, at all.

17 Oct 2021 22:15 #37320 by Valence

:dry: