April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

25 Sep 2021 21:46 - 25 Sep 2021 21:47 #36821 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
There's a new Ghostbuster movie? After the all female crew one? It seems I don't spend nearly enough time looking at trailers... :dry:

EDIT: And now I'm thinking in Ruffnut's voice :eyeroll:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2021 21:48 #36822 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

25 Sep 2021 21:54 #36824 by Charlotte
OK Yup, I see what you mean. It does look like Stranger Things.

25 Sep 2021 22:18 #36825 by Valence
And I believe Sandman will be a series. :confident:

I don't read (or like) a lot of comic books but I do recall reading that one. I remember enjoying the artwork but the story itself has long since leaked from my brain. :)

26 Sep 2021 01:28 - 26 Sep 2021 01:30 #36826 by Valence

...it's almost time for my Saturday movie which may end up being that Wonder Woman sequel. :aha:

Well that wasn't as good as the first one. the 80's nostalgia was absolutely relentless for the first hour and only after that did the story bother to start. As for that story, although it works well in terms of theme and metaphor in the basic literal sense it seemed rather naive.
Finally I may like John Murphy's Adagio in D Minor (I may REALLY like it too) but I definitely don't need to hear it in another Hollywood movie. Surely other tunes do exist. :dry:

30 Sep 2021 11:42 - 30 Sep 2021 11:43 #36906 by Valence
Finished my Witcher rewatch. :stare:
I actually enjoyed it more second time around. Yes, the Sylvan in episode two is still the goofiest effect I've ever seen and the Battle of Sodden Hill was smaller than it could have been but the rest entertained me throughout my severe head injury. :P
And it was nice to experience it again now that I know more about the world having played the games and read the books. I am now ready for season two... when it arrives. :dry:

After a brief browse through Netflix recommendations I then moved on to something called Kingdom, not to be confused with The Last Kingdom with Uhtred son of Uhtred- [Skip Recap]
This seems to be a historical Korean thing about zombies? Looked nice enough but it's one those shows where the awkward dubbing doesn't match the subtitles, so that may have hindered my enjoyment. I may switch to the original audio for episode two.

30 Sep 2021 12:04 #36907 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

After a brief browse through Netflix recommendations I then moved on to something called Kingdom, not to be confused with The Last Kingdom with Uhtred son of Uhtred- [Skip Recap]
This seems to be a historical Korean thing about zombies? Looked nice enough but it's one those shows where the awkward dubbing doesn't match the subtitles, so that may have hindered my enjoyment. I may switch to the original audio for episode two.

I haven't watched it yet but it's been in my watchlist for a while waiting for me. There is also a related film which is listed separately (I don't recall the exact title). Not sure how it connects to the series though.

30 Sep 2021 12:31 #36909 by Charlotte
Apparently the Witcher books are now available in Swedish so I passed up an opportunity to try to win them on FB. :aha:
(If I ever read them, I prefer English, anyway)

30 Sep 2021 14:22 #36919 by Valence
They're still very episodic, even when you get past the short stories to the longer novels. I've got as far as Time Of Contempt and I'll wait now until I've seen season two of the show. Don't want to get too far ahead. :nope:

30 Sep 2021 18:42 #36930 by Charlotte
I started watching something called "Medical Police". I think there's only one season and it's really dorky but kind of fun too. Kind of. Maybe you need to be tired when you watch it? :dry: :giggle: