April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

01 Oct 2021 23:24 #36981 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Funny, I've been trying to post something here for the past 10 minutes or so, but keeps saying it can't post it since there is no text? ... Anyone finding this? I saved the text and have re-tried a couple times. So wanted to see if this goes through. Maybe it's something in the text itself then?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2021 23:27 #36982 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Well, "this" came through. And I haven't had that issue, myself... Try again?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Oct 2021 23:30 #36983 by Digital Dave
Yep, and after I posted, I said... well, what the hell?

So I tried again, and guess what... yep, this is what I keep getting. 

And here's the dialog itself... Anyone see something in it, that might be the trigger? I've retyped it twice now just to make sure I wasn't hitting something goofy, etc.

Attachments:

01 Oct 2021 23:51 - 01 Oct 2021 23:52 #36984 by Charlotte
No idea what's wrong... Does the "advanced" editor act up too? (The one with buttons and stuff, under "Action")

But Hola! Yo no hablo español nada mas? Nunca mas? Meh, I studied back in school so almost 30???? years ago. I wish I was better at Spanish. I don't really care that I don't remember much French or Chinese but Spanish, I like.
(I'm pretty sure Sept 30th was like a day or so ago, rather than 4 weeks, though ;) )

EDIT: I just used the quick reply function with no problem (mostly been using the not so quick one, lately)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

02 Oct 2021 01:02 #36986 by Digital Dave
I was in (editor). I usually do that to use some functions, such as the 'strike thru' function instead of typing it all in. But I then couldn't even copy and re-paste the text back in, no matter how many times I tried. So I was wondering if it was something in the post itself that was causing it? Seemed to work when I typed something different? Odd...

But yep, you are correct, it was indeed August 30th and so almost 4 weeks in now. I've actually being spending a ton of time on it, (work, home, traveling, etc.) and haven't been having any issues and finding it quite easy to begin with. I knew a little from over the years working with friends and contractors, but another friend that works in my building was speaking with me the other day in my office, and we were speaking in Spanish, since it's her native language. (She was testing me I think, since I had just told her I just started studying it.) - But she kept laughing though and saying she was amazed how well I was actually speaking and understanding it, being I'm only a few weeks in. But I explained that I'm trying to learn not only the proper pronunciations of the words, what they mean etc., but also the proper spelling. Which to be honest, is probably giving me the biggest issues presently. Mainly because if I try to listen and then type it out phonetically, I'm toast, since Spanish words tend to not sound like I'm used to in English. :) It's usually a single letter that gets me, but sometimes could be the whole word, since the digital voices they use are not always very clear to start with.

But I'm really enjoying it so far, and already feeling quite comfortable with the learning of it. Best thing is, I can put the time in while doing other stuff, since I always use my earbuds. So I'm trying to immerse myself in the language presently to help with that.

02 Oct 2021 08:56 #36988 by Charlotte
Well, if you have it, you can watch Alta Mar (High Seas I think it was) on Netflix. A Spanish series that has a bit of Agatha Christie to it but also is very distinctly Spanish. I mentioned it here back when I watched it and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

03 Oct 2021 01:51 - 03 Oct 2021 01:52 #36996 by Digital Dave
Thanks, will definitely check it out. I know there are a lot of other movies on Netflix that are in Spanish, and I think most have the ability to have Spanish sub-titles and sometimes can be switched over to Spanish dubbing.

One of the things I read mentioned was finding Movies you are well versed with and then playing them in Spanish. The thought is that you know most of whats being said already, but now just hearing it in a different language. Won't be perfect of course, since they sometimes change them up a bit. But the gist of it should come across.

03 Oct 2021 11:29 #36998 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Well I'm several episodes into Kingdom and it is much better with the original Korean audio but I don't think I'll be speaking the language anytime soon. :P
There are also some splendid hats for all connoisseurs of traditional headwear. :confident:

03 Oct 2021 23:28 #37013 by Charlotte
Browsing through stuff that is coming to Netflix in the near future (or relatively near), I see Another Life is having a season 2. I might need to rewatch season 1, because I recognise the characters but can hardly remember anything about it. Also, it seems there will soon be info on a new season of Umbrella Academy. Yay! :D (I'd be even happier if there was a new season in the near future, but I guess I'll have to settle for info on a new season, in the near future...)

Stranger Things, Locke & Key and Bridgerton are also having new seasons on the way.

And Man Hunt has a second season on SVTplay. (Which seems a little odd, because if I remember correctly the first season was based on a real story the detective in question wrote about the case afterwards... so did he write about more cases or did they invent a continued career for him?)

04 Oct 2021 00:44 #37015 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I think I have Another Life on "My List" but I've never got around to it.
Don't know much about Manhunt but The Internet tells me that it's only just been shown on TV here. :shrug:

Meanwhile my Sunday night Game Of Thrones rewatch has reached the Ed Sheeran episode. :argh:
Where's that fast forward button?