April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

18 Oct 2021 15:34 #37338 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
He's more unlikable than the rest :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2021 16:08 #37373 by Charlotte
Space living metal parasites that "don't like the cold" :eyeroll:

20 Oct 2021 16:15 #37374 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

20 Oct 2021 22:35 - 21 Oct 2021 14:26 #37381 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
After finishing Godless (that big shootout was a little too long and occasionally silly) I have now started Another Life. :aha:

Edit:Well that first episode wasn't too great. :dry:
I hope it improves quickly. 

21 Oct 2021 11:47 #37383 by Banj
I started watching Midnight Mass last night. Mike Flanagan sure does love long monologues. So far it appears to be a collection of Stephen King story concepts smooshed together into one.

21 Oct 2021 14:22 #37388 by Charlotte
I rather liked the long monologues even if they got a bit tedious sometimes and they felt rather staged (nobody ever interrupted anyone else, well except Bev when talking over others) but I still liked how they occasionally discussed things that people do discuss IRL but hardly ever on screen. (What happens when you die? What the heck could cause this behaviour in people? etc) - most movies and series on the same subject are just action and reactions, possibly a bit of bickering, but rarely an attempt to "think things through" together. That said, it didn't get them much further :dry:

The one thing, after finishing it, is that it never really felt much like horror. It began like (slow build up) horror and there were a few scenes that were horror, but all in all it was more tragedy, maybe... But Flanagan seems to think it's all super scary. (At least judging from the interview about the series, that I read.)

Uhm, no spoilers in that, I hope.

21 Oct 2021 14:48 #37389 by Banj

The one thing, after finishing it, is that it never really felt much like horror. 

You can tell it's a modern horror because they make a helpful loud noise every so often to let you know you are supposed to be scared by something. I'm not disliking it so far, and the monologues are far less tedious and stagey than those in The Haunting of Hill House where people went on long rambling stories while everyone around them stood silent and motionless until they finished before the next one would take over with their long winded story. I will see what I think of those things that weren't in anyway spoiled when they happen 

21 Oct 2021 16:16 #37391 by Charlotte
I think I never bothered with Hill House... :dry:

22 Oct 2021 00:12 #37395 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I think I added Another Life myself, but haven't watched it yet. ... I did get an e-mail saying that season two of Locke and Key is coming Friday. - Sitting here, I can't honestly recall what the first season was about in any detail?   But I think I enjoyed at least some, or found it somewhat entertaining. 

I haven't been watching much of anything here lately, with still working in the basement and being swamped at work, as well as getting some Hunting in now too.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

22 Oct 2021 12:40 #37399 by Banj
I spoke too soon. From the very next episode until the end of the series I witnessed monologing of biblical proportions. An epic flood of long monotonous monologues. Also, thank the lord god in heaven for vampires being idiots, or we'd have been doomed. Amen.