May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Totally Random

06 Apr 2016 12:02 #13649 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
I always liked the ship from Blake's 7 but never really cared for the show. I can't even remember what is was about. :unsure:
All the ones I know have been mentioned except ... maybe... is the bottom one from Close Encounters?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2016 12:03 #13650 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

I always liked the ship from Blake's 7 but never really cared for the show. I can't even remember what is was about. :unsure:

Political activist Blake is imprisoned for his stand against the fascistic government, escapes prison with a bunch or random criminal types, then fights back against the dark side with his stolen ship and clever computer Orac that looks like a fish tank with a hamster ball in it. The final episode is actually one of the best finales TV has ever produced.

There is talk of a remake in development, although it has effectively been redone a few times already in recent years as it's a fairly common archetype. Farscape was Blake's 7 meets Buck Rogers, and Firefly was Blake's 7 with more overt western references. Guardians of the Galaxy is Blake's 7 with laughs. Blake's 7 itself was pretty much Robin Hood in space.

07 Apr 2016 19:04 #13656 by Valence
That still doesn't jog any memories about Blake's 7 and yet I still remember that awesome ship! I guess that's what good design is all about.
I could never get into Farscape, all those muppets were a little too obvious and I couldn't help but think of Pigs In Space.
And Firefly was strange. The characters were all brilliantly iconic yet they never managed to clearly describe the world they lived in. I could see why it got axed yet I could also tell that a few more epsiodes would have done wonders for the show.

And all this ship shenanigans reminded me of this epic picture I once stumbled across on Deviantart. Although it doesn't help with my cheating. :blush:

07 Apr 2016 22:16 #13657 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Totally Random
Ha ha! :ohmy: maybe we should try that one next Val?

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

10 Jun 2016 10:21 #13874 by Banj
Dear diary, I have now seen The Force Awakens. That is all.

10 Jun 2016 10:54 #13875 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
dear diary - it's about time!

I have recently seen the warcraft movie, myself (I enjoyed it but probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone who never played WoW)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Jun 2016 11:00 #13876 by Banj

dear diary - it's about time!

Oh, is that what it was about? :hmm:

10 Jun 2016 11:06 #13877 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
:nods: I think it was :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jun 2016 13:25 #13879 by Valence
Welcome to the Belated Star Wars Viewers Club, Banj! :)

And I think that film was partly about the passage of time with all that nostalgia and the way that Kylo Ren introduced himself by effectively looking over the audience and announcing, "Look how old you've become!" :lol:

And you must be right about Warcraft, Charlotte.
I don't know much about it and after seeing the trailer I have absolutely no idea what was going on. :shrug:

11 Jun 2016 19:31 #13883 by octoberstormxx
Replied by octoberstormxx on topic Totally Random

Dear diary, I have now seen The Force Awakens. That is all.

You managed to wait that long!? I got my tickets two months in advance for the premiere night at my theatre. xD