April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

28 Mar 2016 22:38 #13602 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Totally Random

FACT: Cats are better than dogs.

What?!?! Banj, I'm afraid you have been misinformed. I mean look!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2016 11:49 #13607 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Cats are better than dogs. With the exception of terriers. :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Mar 2016 12:10 #13608 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

What?!?! Banj, I'm afraid you have been misinformed. I mean look!

A fine example of a dog, but I bet it can't retract it's toe nails.

29 Mar 2016 21:53 #13609 by Atto
No he can't but my last dog did do an excellent impression of Alec Guiness as Obi Wan.

"Only a master of evil Darth Cat!"

Attachments:

01 Apr 2016 20:24 #13622 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
I don't have any pets but I still have to vote Cat.
Dogs always seem very needy, almost desperately so, just like Dug from the movie Up: "Oh please be my prisoner! Please!"
Cats, however, just do what they like, which usually means destroying furniture with surprising ease!

But Obi Wan Kennelobi does look good. :)

02 Apr 2016 14:37 #13627 by Atto
So as I'm obviously in the minority here a quick change of subject. Don't know if anyone knows of this company but Last Exit to Nowhere is a uk based company who produce merchandise based on the fictional companies in film. I own a few of their T-shirts but they posted this the other day on FB. Can you name the movies they have taken the designs for these greetings cards from? Also may be a very cool future challenge Banj.

Attachments:

02 Apr 2016 15:49 - 02 Apr 2016 15:54 #13628 by Valence
Zoltar was the fairground machine that made Tom Hanks Big. And the origami unicorn has to be a Bladerunner reference.
Of the two vector displays, the bottom left one makes me think of Luke flying along a trench in the Death Star. The other one is familiar but I'm not sure from where.

I need to nostaligically reminisce a bit more. :)

Edit: And zooming in I can see the name Nakatomi, which is the plaza in Die Hard. *nods*

03 Apr 2016 10:33 - 03 Apr 2016 10:37 #13629 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Difficult to see some of those, but the ones I know are Top left is the targeting display of a Tie Fighter aiming at an X-Wing, the next one along just appears to be a selection of robots from various films, the 3rd one is the targeting display of the Millennium Falcon (don't get cocky!), the 4th is a various selection of guns from films, and the last one on the top row is the carpet from the overlook hotel (The Shining).

Row 2, 1st is the MC-1 Justice department logo from Dredd, 2nd is Omni Consumer Products from RoboCop, 3rd is the Unicorn from Blade Runner, 4th is Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard, 5th is a load of space ships from various films.

Row 3, 1st one is another Blade Runner logo from the noodle bar at the beginning, 2nd is the Star Wars trench run target screen, 3rd is from Ghost Busters 2 (I think), 4th is the Wayne Enterprises logo from batman but I don't know which version, 5th outpost 31 is from The Thing.

Row 4, 1st another Blade Runner one the Tyrell Corp owl (must be expensive), 2nd the Wayland Yutani logo from Aliens (annoyingly I have this logo on a Nostromo hoodie where it doesn't really belong), 3rd, not sure but it looks like the derelict from Alien, and as Valence already said the 4th is from Big, Last one I don't know, but I'm starting to think I should.

03 Apr 2016 20:05 - 03 Apr 2016 20:18 #13630 by Atto
And the winner is Banj
Congratulations, you got all but two and thats pretty good considering how hard they are to read.
If I explain what the other two are I'm sure you'd get them.
Bottom row middle is a (small) boat dragging three yellow barrels and the last one with the tiny script you can't read says "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".

If I can find a decent image of the gun, space ship and robot ones I'll post them and we can play again.
Now go award yourself a big shiny medal!

Found them. Lets start with the robot one as I find this the easiest.
Don't know all these and I think you should get extra points if you can name the robot and not just the film.

Attachments:

03 Apr 2016 22:46 #13631 by Valence
Well I've got to start with Twiki and Dr Theopolis down at the bottom left. BIDIBIDIBIDIBIDI!

And up on the second row I think I spy the robot with the best ever name... Klaatu. The old one, obviously. Actually I've no idea what the more recent version looked like. :unsure: Keanu Reeves makes me avoid most of his films.