April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

20 Aug 2021 15:51 #36092 by Valence
If only they were 2.4m high. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2021 17:16 #36093 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Aug 2021 23:06 #36105 by Charlotte
Well after whining and sulking for a bit I reworked the whole dang thing. And then I messed up a little, so now I need to adjust the height of all those balusters again... but hopefully I can remember how to link some of them, now I've got angles and distances right (I think)... :dry:

Attachments:

21 Aug 2021 19:12 - 21 Aug 2021 19:15 #36107 by Charlotte
And after Gandlaf finally gave me some time to myself... They're done. Though I think I might make one set more. And then two pairs of double doors. And THEN (after double checking all the code etc) my first item bundle should be ready! :woohoo: 

edit: and Gandalf's back... :dry:

Attachments:

21 Aug 2021 22:11 #36108 by Valence
:woohoo:

That looks very nice indeed. :thumbup:
And you can really see all the hard work that went into it. :aha:

21 Aug 2021 23:22 #36110 by Charlotte
:aha: First I had to choose the right trees, then I had to cut them down, haul them all the way home and .... well, I won't bore you with the details. I made one more staircase, using the last model and one of the wooden baluster models from earlier, and finally tried them in game. All three staircases are 0.5 meters off (meaning they don't align with the in game grid and leave a gap between the staircase and the wall) and I seem to have messed up the texture mapping in more than one place. :eyeroll: Oh well. Tomorrow. Or maybe I should send some job apps tomorrow.... :dry: Or both :woohoo:

I also noticed that one of my wall models seem to be a bit off, which means there's sometimes a gap in the wall. It's only noticeable in every other wall if you change to another wall type next to it, which you might not do while playing, but, it still needs to be fixed! :stare:

22 Aug 2021 15:37 #36116 by Charlotte
THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

If I put the collision box where the game stairs have theirs, I can build walls through my stairs, but not in front of them, and the floor opening (above) is off. So I move the collision box. And move it. And move it. Over here, the opening in the floor above is too far forward. If I move it 2 meters in that direction.... the opening stays in the same friggin' place. If I move it to here, the opening is too far back. Meanwhile, the box itself (which should be what determines the "hole in the floor") seems to move in opposite directions to the hole in the floor. Or maybe I'm just losing it. :dumb: 

Time for a break. 

22 Aug 2021 18:21 #36117 by Charlotte
Well, after moving the staircases a couple of meters, correcting the direction of people walking up the stairs as going along the y axis instead of the x axis (oops) and then inverting the y-axis (not sure why Unity does that compared to Blender), I think the stairs are done and working....

23 Aug 2021 13:43 #36127 by Banj

I think the stairs are done and working....

Stairs, doors, walls, soon you'll have a whole house.

23 Aug 2021 13:46 #36128 by Charlotte
Technically I already do.... but I'd like a couple more grandiose doors :P