April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Adventures across the 3rd dimension

08 Jul 2021 12:49 #35673 by Banj
Nice, I'd have probably made the centre of the flower a bit bigger in relation to the petals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jul 2021 12:53 #35674 by Charlotte
Or the petals a bit smaller... :hmm:
Yeah maybe. :)
Just now I'm painting on more "masterpieces" for the walls...

I have a HUGE list of ideas and I seem to be working on about half of them at once, so basically nothing will probably ever actually get finished....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Jul 2021 12:56 #35675 by Banj
:unsure: I have a huge list of ideas and I'm working on exactly none of them.

08 Jul 2021 13:03 #35676 by Charlotte
Yes, that's how it usually is with me too, but since I can actually manage to get stuff into the game I feel a bit more motivated.... :dry:

08 Jul 2021 15:20 - 08 Jul 2021 15:23 #35677 by Charlotte
I guess landscape orientation is called landscape orientation because it's bloody hard to come up with good ideas for portrait orientation landscapes :dumb:

Any ideas for my fourth "landscape"? I'm thinking maybe a tower in trees, or just one big tree... :dry:
(Since images should preferably be square, I make them like this, getting two big landscape oriented ones and two smaller portrait oriented ones. And I'd hate to leave part of the texture blank :P)

The religious ideas were kind of easier since medieval times didn't have much art that wasn't religious.... I don't think they usually had landscape paintings at all. But it's a game and I don't have to be historically accurate. So there.

Edit: Here's the religion one - I haven't done one of them into a 3D painting yet and the other big one will be made into one "big one" as well, and not just the diptych I already did:

Attachments:

08 Jul 2021 15:33 #35678 by Banj
Waterfall. :confident:

08 Jul 2021 15:39 #35679 by Charlotte
Well.... It's obviously a super duper idea because I had it too... But that's what ended up as a river instead.... (Partially because I can't paint waterfalls and couldn't find a reference that I felt worked, and partially because the little colonists live on an almost entirely flat island, so there are no waterfalls... Though there might have been in whatever place they once came from. Like with the hills of moosic up there - there obviously are no mountains on the island either...) :dumb: I think I might just have had an idea, though... Maybe.... :dry:

08 Jul 2021 15:44 #35680 by Banj

and partially because the little colonists live on an almost entirely flat island, so there are no waterfalls...

All the more reason to have a painting of one on your wall.

08 Jul 2021 16:03 #35681 by Charlotte
True. And my idea turned out awful which says a lot considering I'm not trying to be very good in these paintings.... :dry:

08 Jul 2021 17:30 - 08 Jul 2021 17:32 #35682 by Charlotte

Waterfall! With poppies! :woohoo:

Edit: Oh wait I forgot the reflection of the whitish water in the bluish water :dumb:

Attachments: