April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Crankshaft's Sketchbook

18 Jan 2015 16:34 #8201 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
Thanks Mindbender! Will do!

More updates! Studies are like veggies. They're good for you. Except you can't eat them.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2015 21:54 - 24 Jan 2015 21:56 #8360 by crankshaft
More updates! Learning so much from Scotts books and my own studies. I don't often draw planes but here I learned how to draw wings on different x and y axis. Will give an an update on my factory soon!

Attachments:

24 Jan 2015 22:10 - 24 Jan 2015 22:10 #8362 by Digital Dave
Nice studies, and be nice to see the plane worked up. Looks good. ... Can't tell ya how long it's been since I drew a plane. Though I never did draw many of them. Ships either. ... But maybe something to put on the to-do list. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

25 Jan 2015 04:29 - 25 Jan 2015 04:30 #8364 by crankshaft
Thanks Dave! I guarantee you my to do list is very big as well :P If you even need help with ships or hard surface material, let me know!

Wip update! Hey guys! Super excited to show you an update on my factory! All that perspective grinding is paying off! I'm really proud of this even as it is. I paid particular attention to having good composition and flow to the focal. Rendering on the other hand might be a bit challenging... Please tell me what you think! Be as harsh as you'd like :P

Attachments:

25 Jan 2015 16:00 #8377 by cgmythology
Replied by cgmythology on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
The factory looks awesome! Can't wait to see it colored!

25 Jan 2015 16:51 - 31 Jan 2015 18:22 #8378 by crankshaft
@ Cgaddict Thanks!
More updates! I'll probably have to do some practice rendering before going ahead with the factory. Here I learned to cast shadows from cylinders and what happens to front diagonals in 1 point perspective. Never stop learning!

Attachments:

25 Jan 2015 16:57 #8379 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
There's some great detailed work in this. It looks very technical and industrial and it'll be interesting to see what mood you will bring to it with colour.
Two minor queries:

1: The pipes seem to connect to the wall at an edge, which seems a little awkward and impractical.

2: This narrow ledge appears to slope a little as if it's bevelled. If that's the intent then it looks fine, however if you want the ledge to be flat then the angle of this little line needs to be closer to the horizontal.
Attachments:

25 Jan 2015 17:09 #8381 by crankshaft
Thanks Valance! Completely overlooked that! Really appreciate you pointing that out.

26 Jan 2015 15:15 #8413 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
I agree with Val. This is going to look really interesting once it's all rendered up. Will you do it with a free hand app like PS, or with a 3D app?

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

31 Jan 2015 17:22 #8606 by crankshaft
Thanks Dom! I'm going to freehand it in PS. Stay tuned for updates! As of now I'm working on a value rendering of it to ensure composition and depth.