July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

05 Jun 2024 14:22 - 05 Jun 2024 14:25 #50494 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I was looking at another survival game on steam, thinking at least it's got kangaroos and not just crabs and coconuts. Then I started thinking it was a very odd mix on animals, kangaroos, tapirs, bunnies and .... what the heck?

Also in shallow water there's apparently sharks, orcas, blue whales, dolphins, turtles and giant squid, all at the same time. Oh and manatees. :dry: (I'm fairly certain they live in fresh water?)

Edit: And when done with the weird fauna, I noticed this:
"v1.6 Planting coconut trees" :eyeroll: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2024 14:40 #50495 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Anyway, enough of that game for one day. It makes everyday easy-peasy things overly complicated.

That seems to be true for most survival games and one of the reasons why I don't persevere with them. The only one I ever played for a decent amount of time was ARK because... Dinosaurs! :)

And those long pandas deserve to be extinct too. :dry:

05 Jun 2024 14:45 #50497 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

05 Jun 2024 23:05 #50500 by Valence
Despite now having the full 90 slot inventory in Dragon Age I am already creeping up to that number. :S
So I've just had to spend over half an hour trying to sort it all out. Thankfully crafting materials don't count towards carry weight (phew) but accessories and upgrades do and they're the things that are killing me. But now, after much messing around, I've got my weight back down to 50 after forcing various members of my gang to wear rings and belts that aren't necessarily helpful to them but at least I don't have to carry them. Plus I've been upgrading their weapons and outfits to take those things off my hands.
And now... I'm ready to loot again. :dry:
It will be a great day when I get to that storage chest. :aha:

And in Death Stranding the silly-named man helpfully told me, "We don't know how you're gonna get across. Maybe you have some ideas of your own?" :eyeroll:
Hmm. Actually... I think I do. And it's not gonna be nice, is it? :argh:

06 Jun 2024 15:54 #50502 by Charlotte
It seems the GW2 expansion does not include the base game and/or earlier expansions, but it's still 25 euro. (cheapest version)

06 Jun 2024 19:01 #50504 by Charlotte
Continuing my "effort" to post these all over the place... WIP 2 of Jel. Still needs a fishy pattern, I haven't decided on the edges of his waistcoat (if I want them just darker grey like the original) and not sure how to incorporate his trademark round pink glasses. I've played around with a couple of spots on the forehead as if he pushed them up, or under the eyes/half covering the eyes, but the spots don't look quite right. And it feels "wrong" to put glasses on a mermaid. Even if I put a waistcoat and necktie on it... :dry: 

Attachments:

06 Jun 2024 21:14 #50505 by Valence
Mermaid glasses are not wrong! :confident:

Meanwhile in Dragon Age I've just realised that you can buy a special amulet at the Blacksmith that allows you to respec all your skill points. :excited:
You know, just in case you didn't know what the hell you were doing at the start of the game. :dry:

I don't really want to use it with the Elf character as I seem to have settled in to that kind of ranged playstyle and it suits the personality that has developed through the dialogue/choices, but I am tempted to go back to that rogue Qunari character and switch over to daggers rather than sticking with the bow. :hmm:

08 Jun 2024 19:28 #50519 by Valence
I spoke to another player in ESO. :argh:
It was the usual thing. They follow me around for ages then finally a blue comment appears. But this time I turned to face them and selected whisper and replied. :ohmy:
It's only when you're trying to type something that you realise how small that text window is. Had to take off my glasses and squint. :lol:
After another exchange I tried to continue the conversation, this time using the reply command in the window, but got it wrong and inadvertantly tried to enter my entire response as a single console command. :oops:
Being far too embarrassed and humiliated to continue, I teleported to my nearest house and hid for a while. :lol:

I shall keep quiet in future. :stare:

08 Jun 2024 19:33 #50521 by Charlotte
What did you (not) talk about? :dry:

08 Jun 2024 19:37 #50522 by Valence
Walking slowly.