July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

28 May 2024 14:57 - 28 May 2024 15:33 #50361 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Tried the first demo - Under a new sun. Like all the reviews (that I didn't read first) says, it's basically a clone of stranded deep. The premise is slightly different because you crashed on an alien planet, but apparently it got terraformed by whatever was on your ship so it's all palm trees, coconuts and sharks, like Stranded Deep. The story seems it would be different, I guess, and presumably you notice more of the alien world as you progress, but so far... I've been harvestings sticks and leaves to make ropes and a shelter and the water collector and smoker I haven't done yet looks like in Stranded Deep and the menu of things you can craft seems very reminiscent of Stranded Deep, and I have so far survived on coconuts and crabs (and some water from the crashed ship) like in Stranded Deep. Not sure I recommend. Some reviewers seem to think the graphics and controls are better, but it makes my keyboard so warm I'm burning my fingertips. :dry:

Edit: I probably should have read the reviews for the other demos too - they don't sound great (already tried the second one and it was... not much),

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2024 23:24 #50366 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
"You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it drink." :aha:
So says the proverb.
But can you lead a Druffalo to water? :hmm:
Well... maybe. :S

And it's drinking! But forget about drinking. Once it's there, can you make it cross??
Well... almost. :S

But if it does eventually get across... can you make it sneak? Sneak?! 
Yes, sneak!
Specifically can you make it sneak up this hill past that distant green Fade Rift that's guarded by a Despair Demon that's five levels stronger than my entire party! The Despair Demon that also summons many other nasty creatures who have collectively killed me several times when I stumbled this way before.

So... can you make it do all these things. Can I??
Well, that would be a spoiler. ;)
Attachments:

30 May 2024 08:27 #50367 by Charlotte
I'm not sure I care about what the buffalo can and cannot do. The question is WHY you have a buffalo in your party...?

30 May 2024 11:25 #50369 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Not buffalo. :nope: Druffalo. :aha:
They're completely different.... apparently. :dry:

And I was helping out a local farmer. :)
The creature was a bit dumb and it took quite a bit of patience to get it to walk the right way.
I have recruited another member to my group now and she's a mage so I'm not quite as dependent on low-health-Solas for my magic. But even the combination of both their attacks couldn't help me with that level 12 Despair Demon. I'll just have to keep avoiding that place for now.

And I have used those perks to upgrade my inventory to 90 slots! :woohoo:

30 May 2024 12:56 #50372 by Charlotte
Oh Druffalo, sorry.

30 May 2024 13:10 #50373 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Attachments:

30 May 2024 13:21 #50375 by Charlotte
:unsure:

30 May 2024 13:27 #50376 by Charlotte
:woohoo:
I did a dirty something I think. I got the steam version of creation kit and the steam api whatever from my hogwarts game and put it in the GOG Skyrim folder and I managed to actually open the Creation Kit! I have no idea what I am seeing or how to use it or if I can use it to make functioning mods, but at least I can try a bit before caving in and buying Skyrim on Steam too... :dry:

Like, until next time it is on sale for about 8 euro (currently for a couple hours more)

PS: I did save a copy of the GOG Skyrim folder elsewhere in case things got/get messed up, so I can just replace the one with the creation kit with the copy if I have to.

30 May 2024 13:32 #50377 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
 Hacks.

30 May 2024 14:21 #50379 by Charlotte
It would be nice if I even understood how to open a file in it... :dumb: